Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-07-21-USWA-Championship Sports] Interview: John Tatum

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Another solid Tatum promo. He seems to have moved totally beyond Tessa now, and wants to kick Dundee's butt in a Texas death match. I'm not sure I'd brag about being the love 'em and leave 'em type, but that's just me.

Another case of Memphis and Dallas being two separate promotions with the same name: in Memphis, Tatum's neck was injured by Lawler. In Dallas two weeks later, he's perfectly fine and still defending the Southern title. It amazes me that two sides of the same promotion, booked and owned by the same man, have so little continuity, especially when they're running the same feud for the same reason.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

John Tatum is out for an interview with Craig Johnson and he says that Bill Dundee is the lowest form of man walking the earth! He’s kicked his girl in the head, he’s kicked him in the head, he’s taken his title, he’s taken his prestige, he’s taken everything he’s got, but now he wants another title match and a shot at getting this Southern title back? He’s not going to get a shot at the belt though, what he’s going to have to do is wrestle John Tatum John Tatum’s way, and that’s a Texas Tornado Death match. Bill Dundee is the lowest form of life, but there is one difference between ‘The Superstar’ and him. They’re both low down, women stealing men, but Dundee takes a man’s woman and keeps her forever, he doesn’t want to give her back. When he takes all these fat, ugly, Texas girls, he uses them for the night and then he gives them back! Lock up your daughters, lock up your sisters, lock up all the women in Texas as Bill Dundee will take them because he’s a thief! Next Friday in the Texas Death match he’s going to put him out of professional wrestling for good.

Another great John Tatum promo. Just hope no-one in Dallas has been watching the Memphis TV, as so much for his ‘broken neck’. At least he will be able to feed his momma again though!

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-07-21-USWA-Championship Sports] Interview: John Tatum
  • 2 years later...