Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-07-28-WWF-Saturday Night's Main Event] Rick Rude and Ultimate Warrior

Loss

• 2 months later...

Two promos totally built on puns. I hate it when they do this crap, and I use puns in conversation more than anyone I know. I think my problem with it is how obviously written out in advance it sounds.

I can't help but think of Jerry Von Kramer every time I see the Ultimate Warrior.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Rude's still shouting and Warrior's still inaudible. Hooray. If I had to choose which one of the two was the better promo here, I think I'd go with Mean Gene's chimp friend. There's just been too much talk and not enough action, even with the match from earlier in the show. The only thing I really liked was Sean Mooney trying to outscowl Jesse.

Who is the crew wishing a happy birthday to in the closing graphic? The name given is (I think) ZiaTrickster. Who on earth would use a name like that, even as a nickname?

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-07-28-WWF-Saturday Night's Main Event] Rick Rude and Ultimate Warrior