Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-08-25-USWA-Memphis TV] Dirty White Girl vs Tessa / Eddie Gilbert and Dirty White Boy and Jerry Lawler & Bill Dundee

Loss

• 2 months later...

Cage match from MSC where the loser can't be a valet anymore. Kimberly throws powder in Tessa's face and pins her, and that's the end for Tessa in Tennessee. Gilbert and DWB gloat over this, and Doug and Sam Lowe bring her out in a chair hoisted on their shoulders. She is even wearing a tiara!

Lawler and Dundee interrupt this and announce that they have found a new valet who is a little bit tougher than Tessa. Her name is Vicious Vicki, and she's a pretty stacked woman that is probably twice the size of Kimberly. She immediately goes after her and pulls her into the ring, stripping her to almost nothing. Lawler and Dundee have chairs and keep the heels out of the ring.

• 3 weeks later...

A positively giddy Dirty White Boy finally gets his wish to see videotape from the MSC. The Dirty White Girl gets the final word in this valet feud, using powder to win a loser-retires cage match over Tessa. The DWG is triumphantly carried out and makes the mistake of daring Lawler to bring out "another little floozy" so she can take care of her, too. Lawler & Dundee respond, with DWG speculating that their new valet came from a bar or street corner somewhere. It's "Vicious Vicki," a cigar-chomping woman who looks like that fat lady that Andy Kaufman beat up in that home video promo of his. Kimberly gets stripped (complete with a pretty blatant camera shot up her dress).

Vicki isn't all that inspiring but they did blow off the valet feud that needed blowing off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DWG threw powder into Tessa’s eyes and pins her. Tessa has been booted out of USWA. DWG gets carried to interview area. What happened to the Dundee/Tessa wedding? Lawler/Dundee found themselves a new valet though. Vicious Vicky comes and drags DWG into the ring. We get to see DWG’s crotch. Quality saturday morning programming. DWG gets her dressed ripped off and runs off.

• 6 months later...

Out of interest does anyone know where this footage came from?

I imagined that most of the 1990 USWA footage (bar the Texas stuff) would be from Trent Warren's set, but the Evansville feed pixilates Vicki stripping DWG, yet it's shown here in all its unpixilated glory!

• 1 year later...

Nice final blowoff to the valet portion of the feud. It's kind of sad that Kim and Tessa had to try to work a match, as neither one of them can do a blasted thing in the ring.

Whatever happened to Tessa, I hope she had a happier life than we've seen these past few months. She tried her best, but she really didn't seem to belong in the business, whether it was with Tatum or Dundee.

We got to have our cake and eat it too, in a sense, as Kim gets stripped by Lawler and Dundee's new valet Vicious Vicki, who sounds like she's been taking promo lessons from her new employers. She looks like a female version of Dundee more than anything else, and she's just as tough as the Superstar. I wondered if she could be a relative of Bill's for a moment or two, but she doesn't have a Scottish accent like he does. The resemblance is uncanny, though.

I'm guessing that WMC was a lot more tolerant of things like nudity when it came to wrestling programs than KTVT was of violence against women, since there were no threats against Jarrett that I know of for Kim being stripped. I could have done without both, to be honest, but at least the long-promised stripping was finally delivered. Maybe now we can focus entirely on the men.

• 1 year later...

We return from the commercial break and a still excitable Dirty White Boy wants Dave Brown to get them to play the tape.

It’s a ‘battle of the valets’, Dirty White Girl vs Tessa in a cage from the Mid-South Coliseum, and the loser can’t be a valet any more. Last 40 seconds and the White Girl throws powder in Tessa’s face, takes her down and pins her. Fortunately we only get the ending of this as it looked dire.

We return to the studio and Tony Anthony is clapping in approval. Eddie Gilbert is there with him and he says there is nothing more to say, their Dirty White Girl has retired Tessa Ray and she’s no longer around, poor Bill! The White Boy then wants to give Dave and all these many fans of the Dirty White Girl the pleasure, and asks them to bring out the ‘Queen of Lady Valets’. Natalie Cole’s ‘Wild Women Do’ plays and the White Girl is sat on a chair, carried by Sam Lowe and Doug Gilbert, wearing a tiara and waving her hand as if she is royalty! This is hilarious! Kim says she proved who was tough around here, and that cheap little floozy that they got off a street corner somewhere couldn’t handle the White Girl! They all know who the real lady is now and if Jerry Lawler has another floozy ‘bring her on’, as the White Girl took care of one and she can take care of two!

Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee head out, with Eddie Gilbert saying how the Dirty White Girl is the smartest, most beautiful, toughest girl, to which Dave adds ‘and can throw the best powder’! Lawler says that he is sure they are proud of themselves, the Dirty White Girl did win the match and Tessa Ray can no longer be their valet. Tony Anthony finds this most amusing and taunts Dundee asking where his valet is? Dundee says there is an old saying ‘whoever laughs last laughs loudest’, he taught that hussy well, but they’ve got themselves a new valet (which Kim bets they got out of a bar downtown or off another street corner). Lawler says that maybe they were right, that Tessa was too much of a lady and wasn’t as tough as she needed to be. He then introduces their new valet, Vicious Vicki, who looks like she should be driving trucks somewhere. Vicki goes over to the White Girl, grabs her and throws her in the ring, while Lawler picks up a chair to prevent anyone from coming to Kim’s aid. Camera shot right up the White Girl’s dress which Vicki strips her out of, and down to her underwear, before she runs out of there. Vicki has got a cigar in her mouth which I had missed and tells the Dirty White Girl that she doesn’t play, she doesn’t cat scratch and she doesn’t hair pull, but she’s going to kick her butt and that’s a promise.

So long Tessa then! Seeing the Dirty White Girl being chaired into the studio whilst waving her hand might be one of my favourite things I’ve seen her do. There is something about her promo style though, it’s as if she’s memorised it beforehand and is just trying to recite it, as you can almost see her trying to play it over in her mind. First time I saw this I was pretty surprised that they allowed/showed this stripping (as I posted previously it was pixilated out on the Evansville feed) while we get a competent promo from Vicki. The potential matches don’t inspire me much, although that goes for anything physical involving Kim.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-08-25-USWA-Memphis TV] Dirty White Girl vs Tessa / Eddie Gilbert and Dirty White Boy and Jerry Lawler & Bill Dundee