Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-08-29-USWA-Evansville TV] Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee local promo

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

After all that Kim's put Lawler and Dundee through in this feud, Lawler threatening her seems almost justified. Not right, certainly, but justified.

This is another type of match that I've never seen, but sure would like to. I'll say this for Memphis: whoever was in charge of coming up with inventive stipulations for matches sure worked overtime!

• 1 year later...

Bill Dundee says that Tony Anthony may think he’s got one over on ‘The Superstar’ because Tessa can’t come to ringside any more, but it’s time to get payback in this ‘hospital elimination match’ this week and he’s going to get busted open, compliments of him! Jerry Lawler explains the rules of the match and that someone is only eliminated when they’re busted open, not until then. It doesn’t matter if you pin somebody, piledrive them and break their neck, they stay until they get busted and are bleeding, then they’re eliminated. When a man is eliminated that leaves his partner to go it alone until he gets the same treatment. He then tells the Dirty White Gilr is she interferes in the match or if she has any hidden objects, he’ll slap her too!

Pretty similar interview to the one on 8/25 when Lawler explained the rules for the six-man hospital elimination tag. I think that Lawler is second to only Cornette when it comes to making sense and explaining match stipulations like this.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-08-29-USWA-Evansville TV] Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee local promo