Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-08-31-USWA Texas] Steve Austin & Jeannie Clark vs Chris & Toni Adams

Loss

• 2 months later...

This is for yearbook intents and purposes the blowoff to this feud, although it continued on house shows after the group lost television and I think there are a couple of additional TV segments to follow. Jeanne eats the pin, Toni rips her hair out while she's handcuffed to the ring ropes, Austin gets thrown all over the cage, Pringle is in the penalty box with Chris Von Erich getting his hands on him. Great stuff! An excellent feel good ending to the feud.

• 2 weeks later...

TV pretty much butchers this match itself, as we go from Adams in control to Jeannie choking out Toni with a rope while Adams has been handcuffed to the ropes. Toni gets in a rollup pin on Jeannie and the post-match is the real meat of this: Adams levels Austin with a sick superkick, Jeannie gets handcuffed to the ropes as Toni starts yanking out her hair, and Chris Von Erich with a cute little nod to history slams the door on Austin's head before releasing Percy Pringle so the babyfaces can do a number on him, too. Percy vows that this isn't over but we finally get the Adamses walking tall and convincingly vanquishing Austin & Jeannie. Fun stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

If this is essentially the blowoff, farewell to a great feud. This segment was really good and a fitting ending although I do wish the match was a little longer. I sadly was looking at Jeannie when Percy went through his spiel of how all this men were googling at jeannie right now. Percy has been in a penalty box and swing above the ring within three months. Chris Von erich slamming the cage door was a great callback to Texas history.

• 2 weeks later...

Adams and Von Erich force Pringle into the penalty box and lock him in. Austin didn’t seem too concerned. Pringle isn’t being raised up to the ceiling though. Jeannie has cast on hand so will see what she can do. Chris was handcuffed to the ropes during the commercial break. Toni manages to roll up Jeanne for the pin. Von Erich unlocks Adams who takes care of Austin. Jeannie is now handcuffed to the ropes. Toni starts ripping out Jeannie’s hair. It’s Pringle’s turn now as he is removed from penalty box and beat up in the ring too. Felt like a blow off to feud but probably not the case.

• 4 months later...

Lets just call this the blowoff because besides from maybe a hair match, where else can they go with this one?

Percy and Jeanie's pre-match hug was as glorious as Chris Von Erich's dropkick was hideous. The dropkick was on the "Renegade at that one Bash at the Beach" level.

Chris Von Erich seemed to have had a Class of 88 key chain, which sounds about right. Chris is another that just missed his calling. Wrestling needs referees too. Referees that from time to time get lured into a grudge match with a heel manager. Chris really should have been doing that but a dream is a dream, I guess.

• 1 year later...

Where was this months ago? The perfect blowoff to a feud, but as I said in the last thread, too little too late.

I didn't like that we seemed to miss a little more of the match than normal in the commercial break, but they really needed to show the postmatch in full, because that was where the action was. I'm pretty sure those were hair extensions on Jeannie, by the way. Either that or she's more dedicated to the business than I'd ever dreamed. I don't know if CVE slamming the cage door on Austin's head was meant to be a reference to Von Erichs/Freebirds or not, but it was a nice spot nonetheless.

If memory serves, we have one more TV segment of this feud from the same weekend where they're beginning to set up a hair match for Toni and Jeannie, then that's it. If this match had taken place on July 4, maybe we'd have actually seen that hair match on TV.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-08-31-USWA Texas] Steve Austin & Jeannie Clark vs Chris & Toni Adams