Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-10-13-WWF-Saturday Night's Main Event] Interview: Randy Savage / Interview: Ultimate Warrior

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sherri's the star of this segment, as she seems to be the driving force behind Savage now instead of simply his loyal queen. In other words, she's more like a traditional manager, which Randy probably doesn't really need. But she's great in the role, second only to Heenan in the rapidly decaying WWF managerial colony.

Is it just me, or did Piper really not care for the German theme of this show? Take a look at his face as he makes the obviously scripted "furor" pun to Sherri. I know he's a good actor (particularly for a wrestler), but there's something about the look on his face that makes it seem to me like his disgust is at least partially real. He's most definitely not throwing himself headlong into the spirit of the occasion the way Jesse almost certainly would have. I did like his "Fahrvergnugen" line after he goosed Sherri (from the Volkwagen ad campaign at the time; it means "driving enjoyment" in English).

Warrior's back to the same old ranting and raving delivery and crazy talk about his "legion of warriors". I guess if you're doomed to fail no matter what you do, as Warrior was by now, you might as well go down being true to your character. The Eva Braun line describing Sherri was nice, but it didn't sound right coming from a creature who literally isn't supposed to occupy this universe. After all, if Parts Unknown was a part of this universe, wouldn't someone be able to figure out where it is?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-10-13-WWF-Saturday Night's Main Event] Interview: Randy Savage / Interview: Ultimate Warrior