Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-10-20-USWA-Memphis TV] Music Video: Mark Callous / Interview: Jerry Lawler

Loss

• 2 months later...

Interesting to see what Undertaker was up to the month before he jumped to the WWF. This video is to "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" (just like almost every video in Memphis) and again shows his impressive athleticism.

Lawler is out wearing the gold and all is right in the world again. Lawler is great here, as he always is. He puts Mean Mark over in a convincing way and says he has a score to settle with him because he couldn't pin him in the USWA title tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

Highlights of Callous set to AC/DC music as he absolutely brutalizes some guys. Amazing that WCW was unable to hang on to this guy when they had him.

Lawler puts over the advantages of Mean Mark having Downtown Bruno in his corner, the deadliness of the heart punch, and his inability to pin Callous in the tournament. Good, to-the-point stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This was (besides that quick clip from the USWA Title Tournament) the video they made for him when he was the Master of Pain.

One clip shows him press slamming Mark Starr of the Wild Side. I just read that Mark passed away. I always liked the Wild Side. I actually voted for them in the 1989 PWI Awards for Tag Team of the Year. I was 12 and they dominated my "hometown" wrestling promotion. Someone needed to vote for them.

• 1 year later...

Nice video package showing off Taker at his best. Can't wait to see the Lawler tournament match soon!

The King's looking nice and speaking soft this week, saving his only pointed remarks for Downtown Bruno, whom he nonetheless puts over as someone who provides Taker an advantage through his distractions. Between him and Taker's heart punch, Lawler will have a tough night at the MSC, but he'll come out on top.

This one interview did more to put Taker over as a legit title threat than WCW did the whole time they had him, which shows just what a mess WCW was throughout this year. Thankfully for us, Taker's one piece of talent that Vince enhanced instead of destroyed.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-10-20-USWA-Memphis TV] Music Video: Mark Callous / Interview: Jerry Lawler