Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-10-27-NWA-Halloween Havoc] Stan Hansen promo

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I almost couldn't watch this due to that lousy chew hanging out of Stan's mouth. Please, God, tell me he didn't wrestle with that shit in his mouth. If he did, he deserved to have it rammed right down his throat for being so goddamned stupid.

Honestly, was this Ole's way of being edgy? Even Vince didn't get quite this disgusting. To make matters worse, Ted Turner frowned on tobacco use by his employees from what I've read. If that's the case, how did such a sickening display get past the corporate suits? Surely one of them had to be paying at least a little attention to WCW.

What I heard in between "Yuck!"s sounded decent, but honestly, I was just waiting for this to be off my computer screen.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The tobacco really does undercut Hansen. But he's effective as a crazy bastard anyway, mainly because that's who he is as a wrestler. Even so, WCW could have done so much better with him. Funny how that often ends up being the case.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-10-27-NWA-Halloween Havoc] Stan Hansen promo