Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-10-28-WWF-Wrestling Challenge] Interview: Randy Savage & Sensational Sherri

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The hook for this feud and the reality are different; they want the fans to believe that Savage is the coward, but Sherri's right: Who had a contract presented to him and not only turned it down, but tore it up? Of course, we loyal little Warriors aren't supposed to remember that.

Savage's promos are slipping a little; we had to wait all that time for "ultimate loser"? Sherri's on absolute fire to make up for it, though. She's so much better here than she was trying to bully Sapphire during the first part of the year. See what happens when you give your people real issues to talk about, Vince?

Heenan gets off a good line about wanting the title even more once you've already had a taste of it, while Gino just grunts as if the idea of watching this interview puts him out. I hate to say this, but I have a feeling I may not think much of him anymore before too long if he keeps stuff like this up. Then again, if anyone would follow Vince's orders to the letter when it comes to hype, it's Gino, so as usual, it's Vince who deserves most of the blame. Why he'd want his announcers to crap all over the vast majority of challengers to his champions, I have no clue.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-10-28-WWF-Wrestling Challenge] Interview: Randy Savage & Sensational Sherri