Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-11-17-NWA-Pro] Arn Anderson vs Terry Taylor

Loss

• 3 months later...

Here we have the rematch! Sadly, Arn has switched his music. This isn't as good as the first match, but it's still decent. They do a lot of time shaving here, as this is billed as a time-limit draw when the match only goes a little over six minutes. But it does set up the third and final Arn/Taylor match the next week when Arn attacks Taylor after the bell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Don't forget, there was a commercial in the middle of this one, and if the match supposedly continued during it, that would account for at least some of the missing time.

Anyway, this was more aggressive than the last match, with the action spilling outside at times. Arn had the best of it, but Taylor kept fighting and getting out of pinning predicaments, which led to Arn's frustration, an attack after the bell, and yet another rematch next week.

I agree with Soup that Arn could have faced Taylor at the Clash, but they needed to keep the suspense up over whether he would represent the Horsemen in the captain's match with Doom, so I can see why they held him out. I wish that the third match could have taken place on WCWSN, though; these two deserved a TBS showcase.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-11-17-NWA-Pro] Arn Anderson vs Terry Taylor