Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-11-24-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler & Bill Dundee

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dundee is glad to be number 9 on the rankings but he still has a climb to go. They are really pushing the rankings which I like. Lawler talks about the TV shooting schedule and how they could wrestle three times a night. Lawler gives us an update on Funk in Japan successfully defending his title twice.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

More of a housekeeping promo than anything else, but still well done.

What was a Renegades Rumble? Was it just a fancy name for the overall TV tapings? Was it a special match or tournament, kind of like the Royal Rumble, Battlebowl, etc.? Lawler teased that someone could beat Gilbert in a non-title match, but I highly doubt anyone with any intelligence was expecting the likes of Freezer Thompson or Ben Jordan to do it.

I think Terry was really over in Japan for the World Tag League with Dory, if our match listings are right. I know we have clips of one of their matches against Hansen and Spivey for sure.

I'm pretty sure that Lawler defended the Unified belt in Japan back when the AWA and World Class were still involved with it. His match with Fujinami even made the New Japan 80s set.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-11-24-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler & Bill Dundee