Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 3 months later...

Paul E. Dangerously interviews Michael Wallstreet and Alexandra York. They are pushing this gimmick hard. He badmouths his Starrcade opponent Terry Taylor. Taylor quickly interrupts, and I'm pretty sure he said he was "shittin' in the back" and he heard the trash talk. They do have a nice little brawl, but I can't think of a match I'd rather not see. Even a decent brawl like this can't make me change my mind.

That made me want to see the match. Terry Taylor, although much better as a heel, was always something I'm interested in watching. And Rotundo back as a heel after the ridiculous Captain Mike months was nice, and I thought the whole Mr. Wallstreet gimmick was pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Wallstreet gearing up for another big push. They really tried to push this guy from 1988-1990. The pull apart here was good but even though I have not seen the match in years, I am not picturing it as a vicious brawl. I wonder if they knew at this time that Terrence would soon become the cornerstone of the York Foundation.

• 2 years later...

This match got a pull-apart brawl, but they couldn't fly Hansen in just once before the Tag League to have a brawl with Luger? And that's just one example off the top of my head. Between the Scorpion being a nonentity by design, Hansen being one by choice, and the Steiners' opponents all being foreigners, Starrcade got less of a chance to draw pre-card heat than any pay-per-view I can think of. They didn't even do a Doom/Horsemen brawl, unless I completely missed something.

It's going to be interesting to see how they explain Taylor being recruited to join the York Foundation after the way he and Rotunda brawled here. I guess Ms. York must have been impressed by how hard Taylor fought at Starrcade.

If I'm not mistaken, Taylor was a quick fill-in when Rotunda left for the WWF.

They actually announced the York Foundation would be adding a new member at Clash 14, while Wallstreet was still being announced as facing Tim Horner on the same show. Wallstreet is even in the opening graphic for the show, however he isn't actually mentioned during it or during Taylor's announcement since he was gone. But I don't think it was intended for one guy to replace the other on purpose. I think Taylor was turning regardless.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-12-08-NWA-World Championship Wrestling] Michael Wallstreet and Terry Taylor