Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-12-26-NJPW-King of Kings] Jushin Liger vs Negro Casas

Loss

• 3 months later...

I have no idea why Casas is wearing that outfit. Liger's black and gold combo is really cool. Fun match with some great highspots from both. I would have expected Liger to have more GREAT stuff in 1990 than he has, but really, the Sano match and the first Benoit match are the only two that have hit that level. I think '91 will have more.

• 4 weeks later...

Casas outfit is something to behold. This match was fine but was clipped to show the greatest hits version of what they could do. I agree with Liger in 1994. One super match vs. sano and then a couple of good ones with Benoit is about all he had to show for himself. I was really excited to see him to coming off his great 1994. LIger in 1990 is someone I would put behind all three All Japan upstarts and even Muto which I would not have expected coming in.

• 2 years later...

What we saw here was good, as Casas goves Liger all he can handle but ends up losing in the end thanks to a nifty back superplex. This was basically a spot showcase for Liger, and the crowd popped for them all as expected.

I'm with Loss; after the Sano match I expected more five-star classics from Liger this year. I hope we get them as the decade progresses.

As an aside, the bow and arrow may look hurtful, but doesn't it take too much cooperation to be believable? A few slaps in the side is supposed to weaken you enough that you'll give your opponent your arms without thinking? Really?

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-12-26-NJPW-King of Kings] Jushin Liger vs Negro Casas