Wrestlers you really dislike

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#241 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4487 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:54 PM

Craziest thing about Dolph is that he's probably one of the few guys who could stretch and fuck up a guy in a real tussle.

#242 Phil Austin

Phil Austin
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:44 AM

I just can't abide Orton. Find him excessively boring overall.

And I have a real hatred of Shiro Koshinaka. To be honest though, I can't figure out why - I can see he is good and his matches are general enjoyable enough. But his mere presence annoys me.

#243 AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:24 AM

Randy Orton 2010 onward. I really dug Orton when he was the Legend Killer into the Age of Orton through 2008. They really dropped the ball with him in 2009 after the whole McMahon feud in early 2009. Anyway ever since 2010 I haven't been able to stand the guy at all. Sure he has been in some good and great matches in the last 6 years but my god he is so boring and even when he tries to show some personality he just comes off as a huge try hard. Anyway my biggest gripe with Orton was the whole fact they never had him put over any upcoming talent in 2011 and 2012 I specifically remember one such instance being the Cody Rhodes feud in 2011 and numerous matches with the likes of Cesaro and the like in 2012.

#244 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3820 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:12 PM

Stephanie McMahon is probably my most hated character. The McMahons are frequently the worst part about their own company & I find her the worst.

Always hated Alex Wright. Captain New Japan is...I don't get the joke. Can't stand Kevin Owens. Loathe the Young Bucks. Rich Swann is pretty bad. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka are excruciatingly bad. I really hated Sonjay Dutt. Remember him?

Trying to think of older guys that never interested me when watching shows: Dory Funk Jr, Carlos Colón, Junkyard Dog, Dino Bravo, Bruno Sammartino, any of the Von Erich family but especially Kevin, Baron Von Raschke, Dick the Bruiser, Mike Graham, Killer Kowalski, George "The Animal" Steele - holy shit, Abdullah the Butcher, The Sheik, The Boogie Woogie Man lol...

I have disliked a lot of wrestlers over the years.

#245 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:46 PM

The wrestler I dislike the most at this point, over even guys like Rollins, Owens and Goto, is Bray Wyatt, which is a bit interesting considering his role post-brand split.

He truly wasn't making it for me in-ring, nor outside it. I don't think he's a particularly good wrestler nor promo, but the worst part about his act is that he used to drag down people like Luke Harper - which to me is a better wrestler in every conceivable way possible - but now, he is actually improving.

Him being in a partnership with Orton is working so damn well - he doesn't have promos that are as long, he isn't that much of a singles wrestler anymore, and most important - he looks like a proper menace instead of a fucking loser.

He might surpass the other guys in a scale of love-hate by Rumble, at this rate.

#246 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

CM Punk
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
New Jack
Raven (especially promos)
Marty Scurll

#247 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:09 PM

Been watching through mid 90s WCW shows and holy shit do I hate Jim Duggan. Dude makes a joke out of Austin, won't sell for Vader worth shit, won't sell for Meng, just runs over anybody and doesn't seem to want to do any work worth a damn. Not sure if he or Beefcake is worse in this era but Hogan brought some real stinkers in with him.

I know that's not news or anything, just something I am dealing with in my personal viewing right now.

#248 southofheavy

southofheavy
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:29 AM

Jeff Jarrett.

I didn't mind him as a face in Memphis when I was a kid or as an over the top cartoon Nashville pop singer in his first WWF run. But man alive, do I wanna cave my TV in whenever he's on my screen after that.

#249 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8857 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

Right now, as I'm going through 2005 TNA : Jeff Hardy. Easily one of the worst all-around worker I've ever seen. Not one redeeming quality about him at that point. Awful looking offense, shit selling, sloppy on all level, zero "character work", dull promo, dumb as fuck garbage work, terrible pseudo "artistic" look, idiotic nickname.

#250 thebrainfollower

thebrainfollower
  • Members
  • 1231 posts
  • Interests:Doctor Who, Star Wars, classic horror, politics, history, theater, and that wrestling thing we are here for.

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:16 PM

Slamboree 93 reminded me of one - Scott Norton.  Dude sells nothing for nobody including the Giant.   

#251 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3820 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:57 PM

I just thought of another big one for me: Johnny Nitro/Mundo. I really loathe his offense. I don't know if I've ever seen him connect flush with his awful finisher ever. 

#252 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

I was actually just coming here to say I also really dislike Mundo/Nitro. I have been slowly finally working my through LU season 1 (yes I know) and I just really don't like him. He brings the show down a notch for me.

Oddly, I am not a huge ricochet/Puma fan either.  He isn't nearly as offensive to my eyeballs as mundo is, but  I don't get excited when I see him on a card like some people do.  I generally like him better in LU than I do on the average indy show though.

#253 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8857 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

I couldn't stand Mundo in S1 either. The heel turn and the Taya connection in S2 did a lot of good.

And I wasn't the biggest Puma fan either in S1. Fenix was a much better technico. Again, I warmed up to Puma toward the end of the season and in S2, with the great Muertes feud.

#254 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

I actually like Morrison/Mundo more than most around here, but it's incontestable that Starship Pain is one of the worst finishers ever.

#255 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:41 AM

Randy Orton and Alberto el Patron. Orton to me is someone who COULD be great because his timing and execution is downright beautiful at times, but there's absolutely no heart or soul to anything he does. He's had his fair share of good to great matches, but they were usually with someone who was far more interesting (Christian, Bryan, etc). I feel the same way about Patron. I feel like he SHOULD work as a heel being the arrogant aristocrat and he played a good bully to Kalisto last year. But similar to Orton, he's a technically proficient dude with absolutely nothing behind it. And I never liked him as a face, even in LU.

Someone who I like and I think is great but a bit overrated would be Jumbo. '86-onward he's awesome but everything before that ranges from "fine" to downright boring. Toyota is another one as she could be legitimately great in some matches and in others she would just do 50 dropkicks.

#256 Microstatistics

Microstatistics
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:15 PM

Ron Garvin - I just don't get the hype. Some strong offense but I just find him bland in every other respect. This is probably reductive but I don't really get the appeal beyond he hits very hard.

Harley Race - Boring is probably a weird word to describe considering his bumping style but man are a lot of his matches boring.

Chris Benoit - Has been involved in some good/great matches against great workers but the majority of his matches/style do not age well at all. Too much emphasis on workrate, too much working in a vacuum, no hook. Hell, I'd take Dean Malenko over him, atleast the no nonsense shooter approach was sort of cool and he was a good technician.

Jon Cortez - Really dislike is a little extreme but he is by far the least of the top world of sport guys from what I've seen.

Super Astro - Super graceful aerial stuff but his matches/performances leave me cold. Satanico dragged a borderline great match out of him but that's about it. Really dislike is too harsh though.

Keiji Mutoh- Some really high highs but in between a ton of mediocre/bad stuff.

Masa Chono - Same as Mutoh except with even less high end stuff

#257 Rah

Rah
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

Co-sign the Super Astro mention. It's not a "dislike", for me, but it's more the fact that I don't get the hype behind him.

#258 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

I mentioned a few names a couple pages (and years?) back and I don't really like talking about wrestling I don't like, but I did want to clarify my old, unrefined points.

Sydal is a guy I maintain my distaste for, but I wasn't articulating it very well. I think I am mostly jealous of his abs and I don't trust people that look that happy all the time. Either way, he never really connected with me.

Jeff Hardy is still probably top of my list of guys I just don't like and I probably never will. It is a matter of taste I suppose.

Styles was a momentary reaction. I went back and watched a bunch of old Styles and remembered how much I loved him in the early 2000s. I was soured on him him right before his split from TNA I guess, even though I wasn't watching that stuff a lot. I am sort of a prisoner of the moment when it comes to him, but if I really reflect on his whole career, i am a pretty big fan of the dude.

As for the few posts back...

I still don't like Mundo. I had a conversation about him with a buddy recently who is quite high on him and he cited his athleticism and execution. I guess I am sympathetic to that, particularly when Mundo is a heel, but it still doesn't connect to me. I imagine it is mostly the ab thing again, but I just don't get into him. His presence and charisma feels forced to me. So much of his matches are contrived in a way that mirrors HBK's worst tendencies. I completely get why people like him and he is good at what he does, a freak athlete. It just isn't for me and doesn't align with what I gravitate toward in wrestling. 

Ohh, and Del Rio/Patron is someone I have never enjoyed and i really wanted to for a while.

#259 SmartMark15

SmartMark15
  • Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

Dolph Ziggler. So grossly bland that it hurts.

#260 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8857 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

Jeff Hardy is still probably top of my list of guys I just don't like and I probably never will. It is a matter of taste I suppose.

It is a matter of Jeff Hardy being a fucking terrible pro-wrestler. I have yet to see a single match where I can say he was *good*.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users