Wrestlers you really dislike

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#261 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

Cody Rhodes. Hat's off to his ability to get over outside WWE and become a big indie star, but he's so grindingly average it's annoying. Most of his "pretty good" matches were against better talent who could carry the action and his worst matches are the downright pits (Juice Robinson at WK). 

His goofy character work in matches is also annoying.

#262 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10989 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:14 AM

Dolph Ziggler. So grossly bland that it hurts.

Going back to being bland might be a step up from current "clearly playing out the string until his contract ends" Dolph.

#263 Cornette's racket

Cornette's racket
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hulk Hogan I really really dislike as an in ring performer and from what I've heard about him outside he's not going to win any awards. And i'm not saying all the others are angels. 

It's just as the years have gone I've looked at the whole hulkamania thing through non rose tinted glasses. 

#264 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Jeff Hardy is still probably top of my list of guys I just don't like and I probably never will. It is a matter of taste I suppose.

It is a matter of Jeff Hardy being a fucking terrible pro-wrestler. I have yet to see a single match where I can say he was *good*.

I loved his last WWE run 2006-2009. Don't know if you'd like any of it but thought he had some great matches with Johnny Nitro in 06, Umaga in 07, Triple H in 08, and Punk in 09 among others.

#265 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7470 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

Cody Rhodes. Hat's off to his ability to get over outside WWE and become a big indie star, but he's so grindingly average it's annoying. Most of his "pretty good" matches were against better talent who could carry the action and his worst matches are the downright pits (Juice Robinson at WK). 

His goofy character work in matches is also annoying.

My first thought on seeing Dave Meltzer rate a match 6 stars was that Cody was probably thrilled at the new scale since it might mean he'd finally be able to break the *** barrier without improving.

#266 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

This may be weirdly specific but I enjoyed Jeff Hardy in the first half of 2016. Before his stuff with Matt transformed into the goofy Deletion stuff, he was for some reason having some of his best performances in memory. Then the Broken stuff took hold and that was fun too, albeit in a totally different way.

#267 peachchaos

peachchaos
  • Members
  • 1079 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

With Jeff Hardy, it's never been an issue of having great "performances" in these big Jerry Bruckheimer wrestling matches. The problem is that despite being in WWF development for the entire 1990's, Jeff Hardy absolutely sucks at the mechanics of pro wrestling.

#268 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43797 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:51 AM

I've seen the Hardys in some really good traditional tags. Are we going to credit that entirely to Matt?

#269 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9731 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:37 AM

I've seen the Hardys in some really good traditional tags. Are we going to credit that entirely to Matt?

Yes. And the opponents. Jeff is terrible. He can't do any basic pro-wrestling right, his flying mostly looks sloppy and lack any sizzle, his "cool" spots are the worst of late 90's/early 00's indierriffic wasted motion shit. Can't cut a promo and the whole "look at me I'm an artist, I just dropped a bunch of paint on my arms" stuff is embarrassing. I'd be happy not to watch another Jeff Hardy match ever. (the Broken stuff was fun because it was all bullshit, but honestly, I'd rather have anyone other than Jeff in those videos too).

#270 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2971 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:04 AM

Yet more evidence for my argument that it's far easier to look good in a tag setting than in singles matches.

#271 Rah

Rah
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

For a self-professing artist, Jeff's only really good at paint-by-numbers wrestling. If he's plugged into things he can deliver his end of the deal. Those 2001 TLC tags probably still hold up as fun popcorn matches because of a few spots, but I don't think they're fundamentally good. I'm not too high on the Hardy/Young Bucks match that got a lot of praise a few years back, for instance, but Jeff is a by-part to a few great matches - even if he's probably not the leading cause for them being great. There's also the Undertaker/Jeff ladder match that people still hold in high praise - and is probably the best match I've seen between two guys I don't think a thing of. I don't find it earth-shattering, but it blew away my expectations. Jeff did what was expected of him.

There's the CM Punk feud (which I don't recall enough to give my opinion) and that's it to his positive output, really.

#272 Hegs

Hegs
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

2 words 11 letters Dean Ambrose. I still can't believe with that goofy offense and buggy whip arms , (thank you Jim Cornette) he was a main eventer. He's not the least bit convincing as the badass lunatic either. I'll second or third Alberto Del Rio. A Royal Rumble winner and multi time champion who I've never heard anybody say they liked. When I was a kid I couldnt stand Putski or Tony Atlas. Maybe I jyst hated the muscle heads.

#273 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10989 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

I think Dean's a prime example of someone who's far better utilized as part of a team/unit than a singles star.

#274 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4683 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:02 AM

Anyone who thinks buggy whip arms is something that should even be referenced in 2017, let alone given reverence to, needs to be on a watchlist. No offense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users