Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlers you really dislike

goodhelmet

Ooh fuck. Lance Storm. I think I dislike him more than I should because he has this incredibly bizarre following of being a technical marvel, but even if everyone in the world didn't like him I couldn't bring myself to. Man I cannot stand 98% of the Lance Strom I've sat through. Where did he even get this 'master of his craft' label in the first pace? At least someone like the Dynamite Kid did some moves and stuff to where that type of moves-y fan would point and say 'look at THAT! A Bridging Whatever Suplex Piledriver Deluxe!'. I don't remember any instance where Lance Storm appears to be more of a technical mat wizard or guy with a more stacked moveset than John Cena.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have mentioned Undertaker too. He has some matches I really like. However, my biggest problem with the Undertaker is that his act feels so entitled and selfish. No one ever really points out that having someone who is seen as a cut above every single week-to-week guy who will never put them over in a meaningful way is counterproductive. He will end his career without passing the torch to anyone, and he only sells for guys he sees at his level. If he was a full-timer and everyone in the company was coming after him constantly while he held them off, that would be fine. But the setup right now benefits Undertaker and no one else. I will be very surprised if he has a Michaels/HHH-level match with Punk, simply because I don't anticipate him respecting Punk enough to sell so much for him and let him kick out of the tombstone. Undertaker matches always feel really self-indulgent, like they are making this big production of how much he deserves to be respected, instead of just letting his work speak for itself. When I see him wrestle, it's also a frustrating reminder that it would be nearly impossible for Vince to get *that* behind someone who doesn't prove themselves as a draw first ever again.

Randy Orton

I think the consensus with this one is the same for most people on this particular board. However, people on other boards I frequent love him, and the part that baffles me the most is that in shoot interviews guys always put him over as this phenomenal talent. I have tried to watch his matches from every point of view I can imagine, but I find him boring, uncharismatic, and his timing seems constantly off to me.

Also

I don't know that anyone likes him, but Dino Bravo may be the single most boring wrestler to ever step between the ropes.

and Rick Martel has never done a thing for me.

From my ECW watch a few years ago : Spike Dudley. Balls Mahoney and RVD aren't too far behind.

From my current SMW & WCW watch : Jimmy Golden. BORING, DULL, SLEEP INDUCING, UNINTERESTING, ZZZZZZZZZ

Add Yumiko Hotta too.

Yeah, Bad News was a good promo and looked like shit in the ring. Like Stevie Ray level of shit.

Randy Orton

I think the consensus with this one is the same for most people on this particular board. However, people on other boards I frequent love him, and the part that baffles me the most is that in shoot interviews guys always put him over as this phenomenal talent. I have tried to watch his matches from every point of view I can imagine, but I find him boring, uncharismatic, and his timing seems constantly off to me.

Also

I don't know that anyone likes him, but Dino Bravo may be the single most boring wrestler to ever step between the ropes.

My thing with Orton is, how many times do you get to fail on top before someone finally decides that you shouldn't be pushed so hard. I watched that stupid Ziggler feud from earlier this year and Ziggler never had the advantage for even a tenth of a second in that feud. Why?

Randy Orton

Also

You have to watch some pre-WWF Dino Bravo and he'll change your mind.

Eric Embry.

EVERYBODY slurps on this guy whenever Texas wrestling comes up. I just don't get it.

This is WAR MOTHERFUCKER!!!! And the reason I created this thread :) I wanted to see if a name came up that inspired me to create another wrestler thread.

Presumably, this is sort of a self-aware/PWO Conventional Wisdom thing thing, so we're not all going to go "I DON'T LIKE DAVEY RICHARDS" as if that's a big deal. Likewise Demolition since a few of us are outliers there.

Of course. Davey is off limits too. Nobody here likes that guy.

However, my biggest problem with the Undertaker is that his act feels so entitled and selfish. No one ever really points out that having someone who is seen as a cut above every single week-to-week guy who will never put them over in a meaningful way is counterproductive. He will end his career without passing the torch to anyone, and he only sells for guys he sees at his level. If he was a full-timer and everyone in the company was coming after him constantly while he held them off, that would be fine. But the setup right now benefits Undertaker and no one else. I will be very surprised if he has a Michaels/HHH-level match with Punk, simply because I don't anticipate him respecting Punk enough to sell so much for him

Undertaker when he was full time never had a problem working with and putting over guys WAY below his lvl so I really don't think that's an issue for him. He jobed 100% clean to Vladimir Fucking Koslov once.

He's more of a victim of circumstances to whear, he appears so rarely that it would diminish his value to not treat him as an ubber top lvl guy or else why bother and I think at this point, it would do more harm then good to end the streak. It's become such a once in a lifetime big deal to most of the fan base that if they ended it it would only give the guy the wrong type of heat and there'd be a bunch of backlash over it.

My thing with Orton is, how many times do you get to fail on top before someone finally decides that you shouldn't be pushed so hard. I watched that stupid Ziggler feud from earlier this year and Ziggler never had the advantage for even a tenth of a second in that feud. Why?

I think Orton has safely cemented himself as a second-tier guy at best at this point.

Eh, even if you dislike his matches or the way he's booked I don't think you can really objectively say he's failed on top. He's been on the backburner of late but for most of the last 7 or so years he's been the #2 guy in the company behind Cena and he got over huge & did good business in the spot. If he can remain injury free I think he's going right back to the main event title picture the second he turns heel again.

"Really dislike" might be strong, but after watching the entire All Japan set, I'm still not as high on Tenryu as probably anyone else on this board. He has only one emotion which is to look slightly bored and pissed off. He's had some great matches but I don't like him much at all.

If we are going this route, I could and have said basically the same thing about Jumbo. Great wrestler that I am totally disinterested in on any level.

If/when the Portland set hits I could change my mind, but I have very little enthusiasm for the Sheepherders and the more I watch the less upset I get about what they became in the WWF. Before they turned into shitty comedy workers they were shitty brawlers. Tellingly the best 'herders match I've seen is against the Fantastics at Clash II and it's pretty much a straight tag and not a barbed wire juicefest.

I thought the really telling thing with them was watching how the Commonwealth angle in Southwest played out. There was a short run in there where Luke was on his own, and he's actual a really exciting, violent brawler. And then Butch shows up...and he's not. At all. And they start teaming, and Luke starts working down to Butch's level. Really weird thing to find out about two guys I used to not be able to tell apart at all.

As to the topic at hand..."really dislike" is probably too strong a term, but I was always very "meh" towards Bull Nakano. I honestly can't put my finger on why that is, but her work leaves me cold in ways that, say, Aja Kong's doesn't.

For the longest time WWF/WCW era Jim Duggan was the wrestler I disliked--hated actually--more than any other. Probably still do. Does anyone here find him appealing?

I'm not sure if this should technically count, but I generally hate the McMahon family as performers, even Vince. Their takeover of WWF TV in the late-90s played a big part in my losing interest in wrestling for a long time.

For the longest time WWF/WCW era Jim Duggan was the wrestler I disliked--hated actually--more than any other. Probably still do. Does anyone here find him appealing?

I'm not sure if this should technically count, but I generally hate the McMahon family as performers, even Vince. Their takeover of WWF TV in the late-90s played a big part in my losing interest in wrestling for a long time.

I think there are glimpses of Glory Days Duggan in WWF but he definitely peaked in Mid South.