Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-Monterrey] La Fiera vs Jerry Estrada (Chain)

Loss

La Fiera vs Jerry Estrada (Monterrey - 1991)

We don’t have an exact date for this one but it ultimately doesn’t matter, this brawl is so unique and chaotic that I think not having a date plays with the nature of this bout in a genuinely fun way if there’s a date I don’t want to know I’ll live happily in ignorance because it actually makes this match better. Lucha isn’t well-preserved at all but that’s even more apparent when you are searching for match that didn’t happen in any of the two most recognized promotions and that’s what happened here. Monterrey is one of those promotions whose matches we should be grateful for having on tape especially when they are this good. As I mentioned earlier this is one of those crazy lucha brawls I love and I know for a fact that I’m not the only one who feels this way about this particular style, in fact, I think the best way to introduce someone to lucha libre is telling them to watch this match or Sangre Chicana vs MS-1. This is very easy to introduce just by telling you that one of the competitors is called La Fiera (literally The Beast in spanish) you should know what these two men are about to do in that ring (Jerry Estrada is a very cool name too, I love lucha). Jerry Estrada plays the heel as he always does and La Fiera has the whole crowd on his side for the entirety of the match. He enters the ring with a chain and he uses it to whip his opponent to oblivion just fantastic stuff and the whole match is like this too, a back and forth between two of the fiercest personalities in lucha history in front of a crowd that’s just loving every minute of it, a classic that everyone should watch I’m sure this match is universally loved but it isn’t as good as Sangre Chicana vs El Satánico from 1986 for example but I think that if you got 20 minutes to spare you should give this a go.

I forgot to mention that this match isn’t two out of three falls, it’s just one fall but what a fall it was.