Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-02-02-WCW-Power Hour] Interview: Sting & Brian Pillman & Rick & Scott Steiner / Interview: Four Horsemen

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Rick Steiner popping up in the middle of everyone is really funny. Brian Pillman has a half dozen war puns ready to roll out.

The contrast of the Horsemen, with Flair dressed like a dad in a JC Penney catalog, is funny too. Arn's telling of the summer of 1987 is great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sting was goofy here. Scott and Pillman were more serious. Hyping up War Games though. Arn talks about how experienced the Horsemen are in the War Games setting. Been a while since I saw 91 War Games. I'm still not believing Sid is still a member of the Horsemen at this point.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

The faces' promo would have fit nicely into the Mania hype, with its general goofiness and war analogies. I liked Rick popping up out of nowhere and that was about it. The Horsemen seemed much more serious and focused on the actual match. Arn shines here with his telling of how the Red Cross followed the Horsemen and Dusty's team all across America, although I think it was '88 where WarGames was held almost every night during the Bash, not '87. Still, the point is made, and the question remains: Are the faces ready to bleed and hurt in this match as much as the Horsemen obviously are?

Ric's fashion choice is a little odd for the occasion. Maybe his suits were at the cleaners on the day this was taped.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-02-02-WCW-Power Hour] Interview: Sting & Brian Pillman & Rick & Scott Steiner / Interview: Four Horsemen