Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-02-09-WWF-Superstars] Update: Career vs Career at Wrestlemania

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Warrior wanted a match at WrestleMania and said if he loses he would retire. Forgot that Warrior put his career on line first. Macho agrees to the same stips with his own career. Didn’t have to do that Randy.

Savage talks about have a better career and ranks himself higher than Warrior. Both guys deliver some good serious promos.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Savage isn't much more understandable than Warrior here, but for whatever reason, he's more easily relatable even at his most bizarre. I'd rather hear him talk about WWF champion yesterday, today, and tomorrow than hear how Warrior tasted his own power as it flowed from his head. Warrior's not quite as bad as he was at this time last year, but he's not nearly as human as he was a few months ago, either.

Sherri was there, but she didn't say anything at all I noticed that they're kind of keeping her and Randy apart, even as they're still together. This whole Warrior feud has been more his deal than theirs, if that makes any sense. She started it on The Brother Love Show and kept it going at the Rumble, but she's not the driving force behind it like other managers tend to be for some of their wrestlers' feuds. It's almost like they're subtly trying to set up Sherri's eventual turn.

I notice that Gene just generically mentioned Los Angeles without naming the actual venue where the card would take place. I'm assuming that the Coliseum was out by now, but when was the Sports Arena made official on TV? I don't remember it being mentioned at all until the show was actually on the air.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-02-09-WWF-Superstars] Update: Career vs Career at Wrestlemania