Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-02-16-WWF-Superstars] Tag Team Battle Royal

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would not have thought this way as recently as a month ago...but I kind of really, really want to see that Hulk/Earthquake stretcher match.

Pretty lazy battle royal, aside from the Rockers' cool escape and elimination of Demolition. Nasties get established as #1 contenders and we get a set-up for LOD/P&G for WM.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see they built matches for WrestleMania back in the day through the use of a battle royal. :) Demolition are the first team eliminated. How the mighty have fallen. Thinking how would have preferred Rockers winning this and facing the Hart Foundation at Mania but they probably would not have got enough ring time. And then Michaels eliminated Jannetty by mistake. Planting seeds for that one already. Animal showing off the strength. Hawk goes to the top rope and deservingly gets eliminated by Roma on the outside.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Too bad that Power and Glory got squashed like they did at Mania after the buildup they got here against the LOD. That could have been a nice little feud. They also hinted at P&G/Nasties here, which would have been another goodie.

I don't think they were teasing the Rockers' breakup quite yet. Michaels eliminating Jannetty seems to be more of a reminder that anything can happen in a battle royal.

I think most people were probably expecting the LOD to win, but I kind of like the unpredictability of the Nasties' victory. It's likely that no one thought that they could beat the Harts at Mania either, even with Jimmy Hart's help. Speaking of whom, I guess managers weren't allowed at ringside for this.

For those who care, Hogan beat Quake in the stretcher match at the Nassau Coliseum that afternoon.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-02-16-WWF-Superstars] Tag Team Battle Royal