Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-02-16-USWA-Memphis TV] Team Texas and Jeff Jarrett / Interview: Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Team Texas beat up Jeff Jarrett later in the show. The beating goes a little long. Lawler takes forever, but finally makes the save, and immediately gets cut off. Embry even tells Gilbert during all of this just to watch so they can teach him Texas style. Lawler and Jarrett do an awesome anti-Texas babyface interview. They both have more matches coming up in Texas, so I hope no one tells the Dallas fans what they said.

• 4 weeks later...

Jeff Jarrett thinks Texas STINKS! I love this feud set-up but knowing this comes when the two offices are getting unified makes the timing rather odd, unless they're going for a Bret Hart-Hart Foundation thing, which I approve of. Lawler corrects Jarrett--Texas SUCKS. Fuck, man...Lawler namedropping him makes SO wish we could have gotten EVIL KERRY as part of this feud.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I agree that the beating ran a bit too long here, but I guess they really wanted to establish Embry and Prichard as badasses. Nice choice of weapon to break everything up with, Jeff. I've seen trashcans, stop signs, steel chairs and staple guns used as wrestling weapons, but never an iced tea maker.

I don't think Dallas ever knew about this feud, at least not the anti-Texas part. Of course, Embry's supposed to be turning heel in Texas soon, so if Lawler and Jeff are ever asked about it at the Sportatorium, they can just say that they were frustrated with Embry and Prichard's actions and let their emotions run away with them, or even that they want to beat Embry and Prichard up as a kind of peace offering to the fans. If anyone can get away with a speech like that, it's the King.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-02-16-USWA-Memphis TV] Team Texas and Jeff Jarrett / Interview: Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett