[1991-03-09-USWA-Memphis TV] Jerry Lawler Tribute

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This was a beautifully done tribute, but I notice that they didn't show any clips of Lawler going against anyone who's currently on his side, which leaves out his epic feuds with Dundee and Gilbert. They also left out his feud against Mantel, which probably meant more to Memphis than his one-and-dones with guys like Kabuki and Patera.

I had no problem with the part of the video about children; all of those kids, as well as the kids currently watching, probably looked up to him, and how were they supposed to know he was a perverted old lech even back in 1991?

Nice to hear Lance's call of the Lawler/Hennig clip; Memphis wrestling still misses him even though he's been gone for close to three years, and even though Dave's done a great job in his absence.

I didn't recognize any of the "celebrities" shown in the Jerry Lawler Show clips, though I'm fairly sure that one of them's supposed to be some kind of Rodney Dangerfield impersonator. Can anyone help to identify them?

From the Yes, I Know It's a Nitpick Department: Buddy Rogers held the NWA and the WWWF World titles simultaneously for a few months back in 1963, long before Lawler held the AWA and World Class belts simultaneously. And since when is the World Class belt supposed to be a World title, anyway?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-03-09-USWA-Memphis TV] Jerry Lawler Tribute