Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-04-20-WWF-Superstars] Ted DiBiase vs Jim Powers

Loss

• 2 months later...

Did Virgil call her Sensexual Sherri? I think he did.

This is again here because of Savage and Piper's reaction on commentary to the DiBiase/Sherri pairing. Piper refuses to do commentary, taking off his headset and opting to play Tic Tac Toe instead of calling the match.

Sherri is such a skank here. She's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Another DiBiase squash which Piper boycotts on commentary and Savage only calls under duress. Get used to Vince reminding announcers about their contracts; you'll hear something like that almost every week once Flair debuts and Jake turns heel. I liked Randy saying that Piper beats himself all the time at tic-tac-toe; he's a little wittier than I remembed in the booth.

Sherri's doing a fine job as Teddy's paid consort. She carried herself with her own special brand of regality as the Queen, now she's glorying in being, for lack of a better word, Teddy's private whore (although that aspect isn't emphasized, for obvious reasons). She oozes sleaze as she retrieves the money from down her dress to give to Teddy after the match. It's like she was saying, "Don't the rest of you women out there wish you could be paid to do this?" Teddy didn't really need a female, but as long as they decided to give him one, they made a great choice.

• 2 years later...

Sherri is probably manager of both years for me so far. Ted working a squash is something I don't get tired of. He's got some really crisp technical stuff that often takes a backseat to his character work in big matches. I like how he mixes in the cockiness during the squashes as well, just enough to make you remember he is the Million Dollar Man. Piper boycotting the match is good also.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-04-20-WWF-Superstars] Ted DiBiase vs Jim Powers