Photo

Los Brazos vs Atlantis, Mascara Sagrada & Octagon (CMLL 05/17/91)

CMLL May 17 1991 Brazo de Oro Brazo de Plata El Brazo Atlantis Mascara Sagrada Octagon 3.5*

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43426 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43426 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

This is the best of the Brazos matches so far. I still don't think it's a GREAT match, but I enjoyed it, and it feels a little more serious than the others. Some really great highspots and athleticism in this one, even if it seemed like Atlantis was carrying the entire load for his team.

#3 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9082 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

This was a real fun bout. Atlantis was awesome here. Porky to me was the star of the match. Everything he did just resonated with me. Another fun Brazos match.

#4 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9071 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Selection bias and limited sample size issues notwithstanding I'm not sure Brazo de Plata isn't the lucha MVP of the year so far. He runs through some fantastic-looking offense and athletic spots here including a killer triple splash to end the first fall. Second fall is quick 'n dirty just to bridge us to the third, which brings us to a series of fantastic false finishes that I'm not used to seeing in a trios match, especially the tecnicos doing a triple surfboard thing and Porky almost pinning all three of them, and Atlantis getting the Atlantida just a little too close to the ropes. Octagon finally makes himself useful towards the end and Atlantis was good throughout, but this definitely came off as a Brazos showcase.

#5 Kevin Ridge

Kevin Ridge
  • Members
  • 4762 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Liked Porky a lot in this one especially that great top rope splash on to all three opponents. Some goofiness with guys seemingly trying submissions but having their/backs shoulders down and not getting counted. But it's a comedy match and it was fun.

#6 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10094 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

My favorite Brazos tag to and right on the brink of being a great match. The comedy got over here but all the other action was very crisp. I usually dont associate Atlantis with this fun lucha environments and as more of a serious wrestler but him vs. Porky was a fantastic pairing.

#7 garretta

garretta
  • Members
  • 3565 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:28 PM

This wasn't bad at all. The Brazos continue to impress me, especially Porky, who's shown in these last two matches that he can do more than cry on cue. I appreciated his agility as I did in the last match (Dandy/Astro/Popitekus), and he showed that he can wrestle a bit by busting out some suplex variations. His triple-pin spots were also impressive, though the one that ended the first fall was a bit too cooperative for my tastes.

Speaking of which, this is the second lucha match in a row where someone sits in a figure-four for an eternity without any action or real selling going on. I know Mexico's style is as different from ours as Japan's is, but using a figure-four as a resthold is something I can't understand at all.

I liked the Dandy/Astro/Popitekus tag better because they kept the action flowing a little more, but like that match, this one was about the Brazos, and they really delivered.

#8 JKWebb

JKWebb
  • Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:05 AM

I agree that this is the best of the Brazos matches to this point.  Atlantis brought structure to what usually feels a little aimless to me.  Atlantis is the man.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CMLL, May 17, 1991, Brazo de Oro, Brazo de Plata, El Brazo, Atlantis, Mascara Sagrada, Octagon, 3.5*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users