Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-05-19-WCW-Superbrawl I] Missy Hyatt and Stan Hansen

Loss

• 2 months later...

The PPV running gag continues. Missy enters the locker room, thinking she's going to get an interview with Pillman or Zenk. She manages to unexpectedly run into Terry Taylor, and in a funny moment, he's talking while she's obviously cockwatching and not paying attention. She decides to go into the shower to see if Z-Man is there and Stan Hansen comes out in his boxer shorts and spanks her with his cowboy hat before kicking her out! This may the best thing WCW did in 1991.

• 4 weeks later...

Missy enters men’s locker room to try interview Z-Man or Pillman. She asks Taylor a question but doesn’t seem interested in the answer. Missy tries to sneak into the shower and out pops Hansen wearing just his boxers. He spanks her with his cowboy hat. Silly to see Hansen like this.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This was awful. Not only that, it was counterproductive. On TBS, they're showing Missy as a quasi-babyface sticking up for women's rights against Paul Heyman, and then on a pay-per-view they show her as everything Heyman has always claimed she is? As much as I loathed seeing Hansen back to having fifty pounds of tobacco or licorice or whatever the hell he had in his mouth, I was glad he kicked her out. Women definitely deserve to be in men's locker rooms, but not if they behave like Missy did (not that any legitimate journalist ever would). Not only is she openly after a chance to see the guys' wet, naked bodies, but she acts like she has no idea what sport she's supposed to be covering. I mean, if you've covered kayfabe-era wrestling for more than five minutes, shouldn't you know that faces like Zenk and Pillman and heels like Taylor and Hansen don't dress in the same locker room?

This was just done so that JR and Dusty (and those who think like them) could get a big laugh at Missy's expense, simple as that. It was neither needed nor wanted, and whoever wrote the whole thing should have been officially disciplined by Turner Broadcasting.

By the way, Hansen didn't even have a match on the card; he apparently came in just to do this one lousy segment. What a waste.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-05-19-WCW-Superbrawl I] Missy Hyatt and Stan Hansen