Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-05-25-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Eric Embry

Loss

• 2 months later...

Eric Embry is out with Tojo and Miss Texas. He's not at all happy about the contract manipulation we saw in the previous segment, and threatens to slap Jamie Dundee at McDonalds if he sees him there. Embry addresses Lawler, who is close to a return, and they've done a great job building anticipation for that eventual matchup.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Great interview from Embry, as he threatens both Dundees and Lawler. I haven't seen the Bill/Jamie segment yet, but if it was pulled off the way I read about it, I don't blame Embry for being upset. Everybody knows the William Dundee who was in the match, and it wasn't Jamie. As I've said before, this was a clever way to keep at least one top-flight Memphis face available to fight Embry until Lawler was cleared to return. By the way, it looks like Lawler's doctor is holding him to the six weeks he wanted him to take off in the first place.

I could have sworn that Embry was on TV while Corey was co-hosting with Dave before this, so I don't quite get the "I don't know who you are" bit, unless it's just another way of relegating Corey to "Mr. TV Announcer" status a la Ernie Ladd.

One question: We know from AJ's post up above that Doug Gilbert was the Lone Ranger. But who ended up being the mystery Texas Ranger that Embry brought in to fight Lawler?

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-05-25-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Eric Embry