Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-06-15-WCW-Saturday Night] Jim Ross, Paul E. Dangerously and Jason Hervey

Loss

• 3 months later...

Paul E. Dangerously is not on the show tonight, because he's in conference with Jim Herd over attacking Jason Hervey at the Clash. Surely, he's getting a raise and being given a humanitarian award. They replay the clip from the Clash, and my spirits are lifted. Jim Ross rants about the issue between Missy and Paul E. while the word COMMENTARY flashes across the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my buddies were 14 at the time. We couldnt have loved this one more while watching live. Hervey had always been so obnoxious and we hated that Missy was with him. Plus, I hated the Wonder Years (I may be alone in this one, dont care.). I had the opportunity that night to go see a Warrant/Trixter concert but chose to stay in and watch the Clash. The things you remember.

Btw, where do you guys get these yearbook comps? I'm doing all these on sheer memory and I didnt remember 1990 being worth a damn. Im really wanting to check those out now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This was obviously taped behind a green screen, so it was relatively easy not to have Heyman show up. I get Soup's point, but the only reply I have is, it's wrestling; they can do as they please. Trying to apply logic to a situation like this when your World champion had one foot out the door and the other in Stamford would have been a monumental waste of time and energy for whoever booked this.

JR really undercut Missy by lumping her in with Heyman as an adolescent here. She's clearly supposed to be the babyface and the aggrieved party, and acting like this is a fingerpaint fight at a preschool after Missy's boyfriend might have been seriously injured by Heyman at the Clash seemed really insensitive. Maybe he had a real-life problem with this whole angle being made into such a big deal, and it's hard to blame him for that, but he needed to make Heyman the one and only heel in the situation and he failed. Of course, he got an on-camera kick out of Missy being spanked by Stan Hansen, so maybe this shouldn't have been such a surprise to me after all.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-06-15-WCW-Saturday Night] Jim Ross, Paul E. Dangerously and Jason Hervey