Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-08-17-USWA-Memphis TV] Jeff Jarrett & Dirty White Girl vs Eric Embry & Miss Texas / Interview: Eric Embry

Loss

• 3 months later...

Clips of the mixed tag match from Mid South Coliseum. DWB was at ringside on crutches selling his knee injury. Dirty White Girl pins Miss Texas to get the win.

Back in the studio, Embry is hyping a hair match with Jarrett on Monday night.

• 1 month later...

DWB has been knocked out of the tag match and replaced by Jeff Jarrett. The action we see is tremendous with some great bumps by Jarrett. Some gratuitous man-on-woman violence follows as Jarrett bravely pounds Miss Texas into unconsciousness, allowing the White Girl to get the pin and score a haircut for Texas.

Embry is incensed at the actions of the woman-beater Jarrett. Same match, same stipulation this Monday--except it's either a head-shaving or loser-leaves-town. And Miss Texas won't have any choice if she gets pinned. If I had to bet I would guess the USWA weasels out of this somehow, but I'm still anxious to see where this is going.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the action shown is of the men wrestling. Tony Anthony is on crutches on the outside. Embry punches DWG in the face which drives DWB nuts. Jarrett has his own right hand for Miss Texas. Usually these mix tag matches the women only wrestle the women. Too much to see the men beating up the women like this.

Embry talks about another hair match. USWA can really over use these gimmicks.

• 5 months later...

Action looked good and what I thought would be a swerve for the one of the guys getting their head shaved actually did apparently result in Ms. Texas getting hers shaved. Embry seems to be more impassioned with Jarrett than Lawler now which seems odd but they hype up a hair vs. hair match for the upcoming week.

• 1 year later...

Maybe I'm weird, but seeing Jeff hit Jackie in the stomach bothered me more than seeing Embry hit Kim in the face. You kind of expect a sleaze like Embry to hit women if he feels he has to, but I thought Jeff was too clean-cut for that sort of thing. I'm sort of surprised that they showed a clip like that, but I guess wrestling, being not real, got special dispensation from WMC. The other thing that puzzles me is that we didn't see Jackie's head being shaved, in whole or in part. Unless and until we actually see her bald, I'm going to assume that they fudged the stip somehow or other.

I don't know where the Lawler/Embry issue went all of a sudden. My guess is that Embry won't put over Lawler clean, thinking that he's got some mileage left in Memphis, so they've tabled that feud for now. If this is true, it's hard to blame Embry from a business standpoint, but after all the hype and great promos and brawls we saw, it's a shame that the closest thing we have to a showdown on the Yearbook is that high school gym match that was mostly Embry vs. the referee. The really sad part is, at least Embry's got Anthony and Jeff to feud with; Lawler's stuck with freaks like Awesome Kong and nobodies like Reggie B. Fine. Couldn't they have at least tried a Lawler/Prichard program?

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-08-17-USWA-Memphis TV] Jeff Jarrett & Dirty White Girl vs Eric Embry & Miss Texas / Interview: Eric Embry