Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-09-07-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Sting

Loss

• 3 months later...

Sting is doing an interview when he is interrupted with yet another gift box. He's ready to fight, but no wrestler is in there. Instead, it's some blond woman who kisses him and hands him a note. It was all a mind game from Cactus Jack. Sting's response to all of this almost makes him seem cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is how the Black Scorpion should have been done if it had to be done at all. Foley's really doing some good stuff here, and Sting's allowed to be concerned without looking stupid. The blonde was a nice touch, and I notice that although we see Sting's hand moving, we don't actually see it hit her rear.

I liked Heyman's lines about Sting being butchered by Abduallah and receiving a Cactus Jack-in-the-box. No, it's not classic comedy, but it's still mighty clever for a heel commentator/wrestling manager. Nice of Sting to play along a bit as well, although with a little thought he could have done better than "Butcher block".

• 2 years later...

I thought Sting and Heyman were really good at playing off of one another. More box shenanigans, but this time it's something Sting would want? It seemed odd that the woman was very pro-Sting while she was delivering a note from Cactus. Wouldn't that normally be some kind of set-up or are we just trying to say that Sting has a way with the ladies?

• GSR changed the title to [1991-09-07-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Sting