Photo

Kazuo Yamazaki vs Yoji Anjo (UWFI Moving On 09/26/91)

Sapporo UWFI September 26 1991 Kazuo Yamazaki Yoji Anjo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43648 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43648 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Nice, solid match, but nothing really special to put it over the top for mem.

#3 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9354 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Interesting that it's Anjoh offering the handshake at the beginning and Yamazaki being the one to blow it off. Outside of that, nothing particularly memorable or offensive about this.

#4 Kevin Ridge

Kevin Ridge
  • Members
  • 4762 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Run of the mill type match. Just never seemed to get going. Yamazki has been lacking in some of his recent matches.

#5 Zenjo

Zenjo

Lost in Time

• Members
  • 2183 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

September of 1991 was a really poor month. You could hear a pin drop for most of this. Picked up in the final couple of minutes.

#6 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10491 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:45 AM

Inoffensive but nothing I could remember within an hour and the match didn't really have an overlying theme to make it memorable. 

#7 garretta

garretta
  • Members
  • 3565 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:19 AM

I liked this a little better than most of you, as Yamazaki overcame two near-knockouts to get the submission win with the ankle lock. A gutty comeback performance, and Yamazaki was still selling the effects of Anjoh's kicks to the midsection as he was leaving the ring afterward. Nothing earth-shattering, but a harmless way to kill fifteen minutes.

#8 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 3556 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:12 AM

I thought it was at the very least a good look at two different strategies.  Anjo was going in just fishing for something to work, throwing things out there willy nilly.  Sometimes it worked, other times it got him caught.  Yamazaki was fighting defensively and waiting for a big opening before he let loose with much.  Then he started getting behind in points and had to get more aggressive.  Nothing super great or even above good, but I won't say anything bad for it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sapporo, UWFI, September 26, 1991, Kazuo Yamazaki, Yoji Anjo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users