Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-10-19-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler (again!)

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lawler rebuts Travis' rebuttal. This feud needs either a decisive blowoff Monday or a hot angle (either literal or figurative) to send it in another direction. Instead, the big sell is "Watch Lawler do something to Travis' jacket." I want to see Eddie Marlin instead.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Now we're holding ring jackets hostage? What is this, wrestler's kindergarten? Is the hook for this feud supposed to be whether Lawler or Travis is the bigger brat? And has Travis so much as mentioned once any desire he might have to become Unified champion? If he has, I must have been asleep or daydreaming, because I haven't heard it yet.

I agree with Loss; right now the whole Embry/Marlin saga is more entertaining and better executed than this angle is. Given Travis' inferiority in almost every way to Lawler, I doubt this will change any time soon. In fact, what I'd really like to see is Lawler in a second match on the card, teaming with Jeff and Fuller against the Texas Boys in Marlin's place to try to bring at least some closure to that whole mess.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-10-19-USWA-Memphis TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler (again!)