Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-11-19-WCW-Clash of the Champions VII] Eric Bischoff and Jim Ross phone conversation

Loss

• 4 months later...

Another high-tech conversation between the announcers and Eric Bischoff. Bischoff breaks the news to Sting that if he doesn't make it back to the arena by bell time, Rick Rude will be the new U.S. champ. Bischoff claims that Sting commandeered an ambulance.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't think Sting hijacking the ambulance is silly under the circumstances. He knows that he has no business leaving the hospital with the injury he has, but he won't allow Rude and Heyman the satisfaction of exercising that loophole in the contract and being able to call him a coward and a quitter for the rest of his life. The last time I checked, the only way you can leave a hospital quickly and against medical advice if you don't have access to a car is to steal an ambulance. Let's just hope this one gets Sting to the arena on time!

Has any other promotion ever done an angle similar to this? I'm almost positive that this isn't entirely original, but I've honestly never heard of another promotion doing anything like it.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-11-19-WCW-Clash of the Champions VII] Eric Bischoff and Jim Ross phone conversation