Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-12-21-USWA-Memphis TV] Eric Embry vs Tom Prichard

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Embry in a suit looked like Johnny V, and here he looks like Ken Patera having really let himself go. He gets a pin on Prichard with a piledriver behind Paul Neighbors' back as the match takes a backseat to catfighting between Miss Texas and CJ. Prichard levels Embry with five piledrivers of his own after the match.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Even though we don't have this on either the '91 or '92 Yearbooks, I wouldn't be shocked if this was one of Prichard's final matches in the USWA, and that the piledrivers led to some kind of indefinite suspension which cleared the way for him to go to SMW.

As is usually the case in Memphis, when there are women involved in a match or angle, they get most of the attention whether they can actually work or not. Fortunately, other than a few tackles and some hair-pulling they kept CJ away from Jackie, who could probably hurt her for real like she'd swat a fly, whether she means to or not.

I'd like to see how Embry sold five piledrivers in a row too, but he doesn't have any more segments on this Yearbook, and I don't think we see him again until mid-January. He probably left for a while to go home for the holidays, since I don't think he was a native Tennesseean. (Even if he brought his family with him, being piledriven five times is a perfect excuse to take a holiday vacation.)

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-12-21-USWA-Memphis TV] Eric Embry vs Tom Prichard