Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-12-21-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Cactus Jack & Abdullah the Butcher

Loss

• 4 months later...

Cactus talks about careers that were ended and bones that were broken since he and Abdullah arrived on the scene. Who? My overanalysis aside, this is a great interview where Cactus ponders teaming with Van Hammer at Starrcade. They promise to win Battlebowl. The segment ends with both guys hitting each other over the head with Abby's stick.

• 1 month later...

Cactus will paint his face or carry a guitar if he's teamed with Sting or Van Hammer in the Lethal Lottery...or they can make Sting or Hammer more like them. Instead of ending careers Cactus and Abby are out to win BattleBowl. Cactus and Abby start beating each other with the stick, just because they can.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Cactus and Sting could have been an interesting team, considering what's happened between them. Cactus and Hammer........I can't have a nightmare that scary.

Mick does a wonderful job here putting over the fact that he and Abby are out to win Battlebowl, not just cripple people, while Abby finds a fascinating plaything in JR's mic cord. I liked the ending with the two of them beating each other over the head with Abby's stick, but JR could have sold it a little better. He must be going through an exceptionally grumpy stretch, between smarting off to Rude and pretty much dismissing two of the promotion's scariest heels as overgrown children. "While they finish playing"? I get that Rude and Luger are bigger heels than Mick and Abby right now, but this almost sounds like the prelude to a burial. I know Abby in particular has to be close to leaving, since he never stayed too long in one place if he could help it (at least in North America), but there was no need for JR to try to emasculate him like that.

To echo Kevin's point, a Control Center that fully explains the concept of the Lethal Lottery and Battlebowl would do a lot of good right about now. I've managed to figure things out (I think), but I could always use an official explanation to make sure.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-12-21-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Cactus Jack & Abdullah the Butcher