Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-12-29-WWF-Wrestling Challenge] Tatanka vignette

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"My ancestors were the first Americans. For hundreds of years we lived in peace and harmony with each other..." Take that set-up in another direction and you could have had an AWESOME heel gimmick to feud with Sgt. Slaughter. But no, it's all about honor, leadership, and prosperity among the Indian Nation. No red in Chavis' hair yet--I think he underwent a planned transformation over the course of these vignettes.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Yet another one of those WWF vignettes where if you don't recognize the guy as a wrestler, you won't find out by watching it. I'll give Vince a pass on this one, since it's Tatanka's first appearance, but let's hope we get to wrestling-related stuff sooner rather than later.

Pete, my gears are probably a bit slow, but how do you see Tatnaka as a possible heel to feud with Sarge? I guess you could have Tatanka target him as a modern member of the military that once forced the natives off their lands, but Sarge is a Marine, not a foot solder. Could you explain what you meant if you're reading this?

Thanks, Pete. I thought it would be something like that. I don't agree that it would have legs, but that's mostly because Sarge was winding down by this point, plus the fans never really loved him as much as they did before all the turncoat garbage. If Vince had gone with a feud like this, it would have been mostly to get Tatanka over as a heel, which meant Sarge would have jobbed clean for the most part. Duggan could have filled the bill just as well.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-12-29-WWF-Wrestling Challenge] Tatanka vignette