Pro Wrestling Only

Good Will Wrestling #17

Good Will Wrestling reaches new heights with a show on the man, the master and ruler of the world - SID VICIOUS. A monster of an athlete that tore through rings like a hemophiliac through a package of bandaids, Sid dominated everywhere he went and Rob and Will talk about why and how. Learn how Sid was Rob's favorite wrestler as a kid, enjoy discussion on Sid's best matches, angles and yes, even his infamous leg break. If you are a fan of steroids OR wrestling, or the best possible combination of BOTH... LISTEN TO THIS SHOW!

http://www.flairchop.com/archives/992

Also, I am going to make some Good Will Wrestling T-Shirts. I am not looking to make any money or advertise, just want to know if people would be interested in picking one up. $5 if you buy it with something else or $10 by itself to help cover shipping. Just a basic black shirt with the following logo on the front. If I can get 20 shirts made, I’ll do it. If not, no big deal! If you want a shirt, let me know with a quick email so I can know if the interest is there. No need to pay for anything yet. If I can’t get 20 responses, I’ll know that now is not the time to get them made.

http://www.randomintelligence.com/goodwillwrestling2.jpg

It was a good show...but I had for some reason thought that Sid was going to be on the show himself. I liked the slip up of his 'fatal' injury though, got a good laugh out of me.

I also listened to an older show last night, the one with Corino. He sounded like Bix almost.

No, I wouldn't laugh at the injury itself. It was a horrifying and shock producing injury. Probably the worst leg break in wrestling history with all things considered and I feel bad that Sid has that unofficial title. I have always questioned his thinking though - as in, "I'm 6'9 and about 310lbs. Maybe I shouldn't be on the top rope doing RVD kicks." And to be honest, I was always a Sid fan myself. I was pumped when he returned to WCW in 1999. But God damn did he make a fool out of himself on several occasions with a live mic or camera in his face. Still, he remains one of the more physically imposing big men that I have ever seen. Not only was he tall, but he had the muscles of a British Bulldog. And he breathed like a bear.

• 4 weeks later...

Naylor and I are back to celebrate the Steiner Brothers. We discuss their runs in the NWA, Japan, WWF, WCW. Naylor gives us his theories on wrestlers without kneepads, tag teams with matching sets, and Rick’s taped fingers. A fun show.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/goodhelmet/20...teiner-brothers

I know I am digging this one up, but ...

I have been listening to old podcasts at work, and coincidentally was listening to this one at the same time in my watching rotation I am watching the keith_h Steiners comp and watched for the first time the 1991 WarGames. I was looking for it and did catch the "Are you ready?" "Yeah!" "Then let's go!" exchange between Sid and Rick Steiner before Rick reverses the whip to send Sid into a Scott Steiner clothesline that Rob N references in the podcast. Officially the first time I have caught somebody audibly calling a spot in a match.

• 3 weeks later...

Naylor and I are back to celebrate the Steiner Brothers. We discuss their runs in the NWA, Japan, WWF, WCW. Naylor gives us his theories on wrestlers without kneepads, tag teams with matching sets, and Rick’s taped fingers. A fun show.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/goodhelmet/20...teiner-brothers

I know I am digging this one up, but ...

I have been listening to old podcasts at work, and coincidentally was listening to this one at the same time in my watching rotation I am watching the keith_h Steiners comp and watched for the first time the 1991 WarGames. I was looking for it and did catch the "Are you ready?" "Yeah!" "Then let's go!" exchange between Sid and Rick Steiner before Rick reverses the whip to send Sid into a Scott Steiner clothesline that Rob N references in the podcast. Officially the first time I have caught somebody audibly calling a spot in a match.

There's a really loud one at Survivor Series 1990 when it's Bret Hart vs. DiBiase and you can hear Ted shout "reverse, charge" pretty audibly.