Jerry Lawler

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#221 Memphis Mark

Memphis Mark
  • Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:51 PM

Any match between Jerry Lawler and Jackie Fargo are a must see. The brawling between Lawler and Fargo is jus ton another level. I know they are no complete matches if you watch this footage you one of the all time great passing the baton to his  successor .

#222 Justtxyank

Justtxyank
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

Reading through this project caused me to go back and watch a lot of Jerry Lawler stuff. I'm not sure how I "missed" on him all of these years. He's a lot better than I ever gave him credit for.

#223 AJS

AJS
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

Jerry Lawler was a major revelation for me going through the Memphis set. Growing up I was always a fan of wrestlers who did lots of 'moves', but Lawler completely captivated me with his more minimalist approach. On every match on the set he held my attention from beginning to end. His punches are without a doubt the best i've ever seen and as beautiful to watch as any flip or dive. He had such great timing and an incredible connection with the Memphis fans. I need to see more of the King!

#224 Microstatistics

Microstatistics
  • Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:24 AM

Is the Lawler vs. Mantell 3/22/1982 match online? 3/27/1982 (LLT) and 3/29/1982 (Barbed Wire) are but I couldn't find the No DQ one.

#225 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2796 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

I haven't seen it online in years. It used to be on Youtube, but the guy who uploaded it (his account is the one with the barbed wire match IIRC) took it down for some reason.

#226 thebrainfollower

thebrainfollower
  • Members
  • 1244 posts
  • Interests:Doctor Who, Star Wars, classic horror, politics, history, theater, and that wrestling thing we are here for.

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

Any suggestions as to Jerry Lawler's all time best promos?   Maybe 6-8 of them.  

#227 thebrainfollower

thebrainfollower
  • Members
  • 1244 posts
  • Interests:Doctor Who, Star Wars, classic horror, politics, history, theater, and that wrestling thing we are here for.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

2nd pleading request for some Jerry Lawler promos.  Doing a 2 episode podcast introducing pre puppies puppies Lawler to some new fans and I want them to hear what a great varied promo he was.

#228 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 3361 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

You definitely need to watch the snippets of Flair in the Memphis studio.  Great "aww shucks" con job by Lawler.  The other guy holds his end up too. :)

#229 KB8

KB8
  • Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

I'm not sure if it's on youtube or the likes, but this is one of the yearbook threads for a '93 promo that people loved. I thought it was maybe the best Lawler promo I'd seen and it's still the one I remember most when talking about Lawler on the mic. 

#230 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1933 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:08 PM

I'm not sure if it's on youtube or the likes, but this is one of the yearbook threads for a '93 promo that people loved. I thought it was maybe the best Lawler promo I'd seen and it's still the one I remember most when talking about Lawler on the mic. 

Man, now I want to see this promo!!! Can someone who has the yearbook upload the promo to YouTube?

#231 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 3361 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:55 PM

I didn't see it on youtube, but the one in May or June of 91 where Lawler comes back to get rid of Embry is one of the better fired up Lawler promos I've seen.  For a more heelish version of Lawler look for stuff dealing with Snowman.

#232 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

Here's some Lawler promos I like:

https://youtu.be/By0NG0Vf-RI

Lawler doing a promo about company champions and how he's the real world champion. He did a lot of these after he won the AWA title but I thought this was one of the better ones

https://youtu.be/5Z001NkTwgk

Lawler during the whole Cyber Punks vs Lawler feud was great. This is the lead up to the mask match and Lawler is great as a heel here.

#233 Rah

Rah
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:11 AM

Man, now I want to see this promo!!! Can someone who has the yearbook upload the promo to YouTube?

I think it's this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users