Pro Wrestling Only

PWO FEEDBACK

goodhelmet

Over the last couple of weeks I have talked to several people who are really happy with the way PWO is shaping up. Lots of love for the microscope and the yearbook folders are as active as ever. Here's a chance to sound off on your compliments and criticisms of the board. If you make a suggestion, we will discuss it but it doesn't guarantee we will necessarily make the changes you prefer. You have a voice... USE IT!!!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PWO has really been awesome the past month or so. I think the Yearbooks give everyone a great opportunity to go through a set and see what everyone else has to say. It feels like you are a part of community instead of a faceless poster. The Microscope section involves a lot of minutia on candidates but also adds a lot of credence to opinions and arguments for individuals. I look forward to the added interaction from the AWA synch ups and also the PWO podcast with you and Loss.

Only complaint I have had was everyone last week seemed edgy and the microscope threads can intensify issues. However, I think in the past weekend everyone has cooled off and the discussion has remained passionate but civil.

I have had 3 conversations with random posters who love the microscope. I think it is my favorite forum as well. I also have had emails of guys picking up yearbooks just so they can participate in the yearbook forum. after tomorrow, I hope the AWA podcast generates interest and we'll see how PWORadio works out when we figure out the format we are going to use.

This place is great. Even though some of the Microscope threads get a little tedious, I learn a lot reading them. The occassional bickering resembles a family squabble instead of annoying internet flame wars.

One suggestion: Those of you who plow through the yearbooks at astonishing speeds and comment on everything right away in the yearbook forums, check back in on the threads every once in a while. Those of us who move slower still like to check the forums and chime in on things every now and then. I kind of stopped because it feels like I'm mostly talking to myself. After the first poster or two does a big long review of the match or segment, there are usually a few more posts, then everyone moves on and never returns. The same thing happens in the Too Short threads at DVDVR for the 80s sets.

This place is great. Even though some of the Microscope threads get a little tedious, I learn a lot reading them. The occassional bickering resembles a family squabble instead of annoying internet flame wars.

One suggestion: Those of you who plow through the yearbooks at astonishing speeds and comment on everything right away in the yearbook forums, check back in on the threads every once in a while. Those of us who move slower still like to check the forums and chime in on things every now and then. I kind of stopped because it feels like I'm mostly talking to myself. After the first poster or two does a big long review of the match or segment, there are usually a few more posts, then everyone moves on and never returns. The same thing happens in the Too Short threads at DVDVR for the 80s sets.

I will admit to being guilty of this to an extent. I still read all the posts up to a certain point and time (for instance I have still read all of 1990 comments so far) but fail to comment mostly due to thinking my opinion has been stated or someone is asking a question I don't know the answer to.

Very valid point. If I see a bump from an older yearbook, I try to read it. With the current yearbook, I usually wait until a month has been completed (usually by Loss) and then read all the comments. Maybe some of the more contentious matches / segments can be branched into a new thread on the main forum with a link to the yearbook thread for further discussion.

Hands-down best wrestling board on the net and been on fire for weeks now.

All I'll say is that when I argue about stuff I'm looking to learn something and come to some sort of understanding even if we don't agree on everything by the end. I'm not into one-up-man-ship Macho bullshit and tend to tap out when I see that stuff coming. Very few here do that, which I like and appreciate, and I've been around long enough now to know who does and doesn't do it.

I enjoy reading others' dissection of workers and matches, and I read 95% of everything here, although I have little interest breaking stuff down myself. I'm here as a student, not as an instructor.

Found this board by accident probably 5 years ago when searching for WON archives. I've never cared for Bruiser Brody and was never big on Michaels. Finding out that a lot of others held the same viewpoint made me stick around, and it's really opened my eyes towards shit that I wouldn't have bothered watching before.

And not every board would let a person post ridiculous Harley Race photos.

I try to go back and comment some on the 80's threads, should probably do the same with the yearbooks

This is more of a software complaint and I'm not sure you can do anything about it. It probably doesn't apply to most of you either. I come here often but sometimes don't visit for 2 or 3 weeks and when I go to "view new posts" I can see up to 100 pages and 95% are match reviews by month for the yearbooks. Not saying that I don't enjoy those (they are an invaluable reference source for the board) but sometimes I'd like to filter through them. Right now I'm achieving that by going to the individual boards as there aren't too many but with the growing number of categories I may end up missing a lot of stuff.

An "order by forum" sort function on the search results would be sufficient for me I guess.

I don't know if we can do anything about it. What I typically do in cases of a long absence when I don't want to read everything is go into each folder and read the threads I'm interested in first, then scroll down and do Mark all posts as read at the bottom of the board. I find that's the best way to stay caught up.

This is definitely a good point and I will try to be more responsive when reading older threads. At the same time, I think one of the cool things about the yearbook threads is that we can bump them anytime we want. Think about this -- about a year from now, we will have an individual thread for nearly every significant match, angle or interview to take place in the entire 1990s! I think that's pretty impressive.

After I finish 1991, I plan on starting my rewatching of previous yearbooks, mixing bonus matches in with the stuff I want to rewatch. I'm not sure how we'll do bonus threads yet, but I'll figure it out. I plan on beginning with 1990 and going forward chronologically. That will be what I do between yearbooks until I finish the whole decade, but everything notable gets a second view.

I don't know if we can do anything about it.

I don't know about WE but maybe you should stop posting 100 new threads a day...

:)

Joking aside, I do exactly the same thing that you do. Works well enough for me, so mine is just kind of a minor complaint really, not worth even investigating if there's not a quick ready-made fix that can be applied to the board.

Simply put, this place is -- BY FAR -- the best place I've seen for wrestling discussion ever. A huge credit goes to Loss, Will, Dylan and anyone else directly involved with the running of this board. There are also so many guys who've posted at places like DVDVR, tOA, and others that I continue to enjoy reading, as well as relatively newer posters. This place has also allowed for a mix of posters, in terms of level of fandom, viewing experience, age, etc. I enjoy reading Loss' defense of Flair as much as I enjoy TomK's bee-keeping analogies as well as Johnny's overall fandom. It's everything I enjoy about wrestling mixed into one place.

I also like the expanded layouts. The really amazing part is that there's potentially room for more in the future given the material available, but the time for greater expansion will come when it does.

I've thanked and congratulated Loss in private, but everyone that has a strong amount of involvement deserves it too. I probably mainly lurk here more than anything, but I learn a lot too. No complaints about this place whatsoever and, again, cheers to Loss, Will and anyone else involved on some level.

• Loss unpinned this topic