PWO FEEDBACK

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#21 Marty

Marty
  • Members
  • 2057 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Simply put, this place is -- BY FAR -- the best place I've seen for wrestling discussion ever. A huge credit goes to Loss, Will, Dylan and anyone else directly involved with the running of this board. There are also so many guys who've posted at places like DVDVR, tOA, and others that I continue to enjoy reading, as well as relatively newer posters. This place has also allowed for a mix of posters, in terms of level of fandom, viewing experience, age, etc. I enjoy reading Loss' defense of Flair as much as I enjoy TomK's bee-keeping analogies as well as Johnny's overall fandom. It's everything I enjoy about wrestling mixed into one place. I also like the expanded layouts. The really amazing part is that there's potentially room for more in the future given the material available, but the time for greater expansion will come when it does. I've thanked and congratulated Loss in private, but everyone that has a strong amount of involvement deserves it too. I probably mainly lurk here more than anything, but I learn a lot too. No complaints about this place whatsoever and, again, cheers to Loss, Will and anyone else involved on some level.

#22 Death From Above

Death From Above
  • Members
  • 1422 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

My only selfish complaint is I wish the old newsletter recaps hadn't died out but I understand they are probably a ton of work setting up.

#23 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43797 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

The yearbooks sort of took precedent over those for me, but perhaps I'll fire them up again one day. I'd love to walk through 1989 since it's such a beloved year.

#24 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4683 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

Personally, I like this place as much as I do because, more often than not, we can bust each others balls and goof on each other like a real gang of dudes.

#25 Tim Cooke

Tim Cooke
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 1548 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Will and Loss have done an awesome job of making this the go to place to discuss current and historical wrestling.

#26 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9139 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

As a guy who really doesn't follow the current product, I love this place because I can discuss the wrestling that I like.

#27 jdw

jdw
  • Members
  • 8040 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Board is good.

#28 Zenjo

Zenjo

Lost in Time

• Members
  • 2206 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

You can split posters on wrestling forums into 3 basic catagories. Trolls, Fanboys and Hardcores. Fanboys and Trolls have little to no interest in classic wrestling, they only care about current stuff. So pretty much every poster at this site are the Hardcores, and extremely knowledgable about wrestling. The average age also seems to be about twice what you'd get at some other places, so you don't have a bunch of 14 year olds trolling each other all day. I think most people here have been watching wrestling longer than they've been alive. :) The PWO forums are well moderated and extremely well structured to promote discussion with the subforums.

#29 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I don't post regularly here(or even close to it) since I am one of those people who watches the current product more. This is a place that I check almost daily though since there are so many knowledgeable people where you can learn a lot just by reading some threads. The Microscope is beyond awesome. Dylan's PR thread is super sweet and has opened a door to a territory I enjoy right now in 2013. I know once the 1992 yearbook I ordered from Will comes in I am going to try and post in that section a decent bit since I don't need as much of a scope with all the content right in front of me. Okay, I really dig this place, everyone involved keep up the stellar work.

#30 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5511 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

This place was a hell of a find for me. Literally none of my friends have had any interest going on about 15-20 years now, while I've only become a bigger fan and sought out more and new material as I've gotten older. Having a place like this that exposes me to tons of new/old footage through the yearbooks and other comps? While also having a community of folks talking about who simply do not troll? Awesome.

#31 Troy

Troy
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Best place for wrestling discussion

#32 ButchReedMark

ButchReedMark

#TogetherStronger

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

For some reason JvK's avatar makes my screen freeze whenever I scroll to it/past it. Can this be rectified please?

#33 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11348 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

What the hell is this avatar? Whose idea of a joke is this?

#34 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43797 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

As far as I know, no one did anything to your avatar. It still looks like Sean Mooney to me.

#35 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11348 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

I've got some random trollface. I'm going to relink to Mooney.

#36 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18958 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

I am looking at Sean Mooney bud.

#37 Dylan Waco

Dylan Waco
  • Moderators
  • 10216 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

All I saw was an empty window yesterday. Now I see Mr. Mooney

#38 ButchReedMark

ButchReedMark

#TogetherStronger

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

It was a trollface at the time. I've just turned off all avatars.

#39 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 3036 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

It was trollface yesterday. I thought it had something to do with Jerry's recent feud with John or something.

#40 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11348 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

Turns out this was an issue with the place where I uploaded my avatar originally two years ago. They ran out of space or something and old photos got deleted -- in such cases they were replaced with trollface.

That clears up another mystery gang.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users