Pro Wrestling Only

PWO FEEDBACK

goodhelmet

Any chance we can get a mobile theme for the board?

I don't think it would be possible for this version of the board (IPB 2.20), which dates back to 2006, prior to widespread mobile browsing. As best I can tell, a mobile skin wasn't shipped with the board until 3.10 in 2010.

If it's not displaying well on your device, you might be better served to consider using the lofi version of the site.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UKFF misses you Ron, where have you been?

Doing as close an impression of a rockstar as a gelatinous beardy can by visiting four different countries, Butch!

I know if I log into the UKFF I'll spend all day on it so I'm trying to be super disciplined and stay away until I clear a backlog of work ... and the longer I leave it the more anxious I become because the more I'll have to read, so the more time I'll be distracted and um ...

Mind you, Summerslam was all the more a cracker for not having discussed it or read about it beforehand, so there's the plus.

• 1 month later...

My favourite Wrestling forum by a mile.

Being a fan for 22 years and being the most knowledgeable person in my friend group (who are all big fans) to coming and discussing with people who blow my knowledge out of the water is a blast! Having so much fun here; learning all the time and improving my posting style to have the ability to succinctly put my points across in a friendly and non aggressive manner.

I really enjoy all the audio content that is churned out by some of the more "senior" posters on this board. Thank you to one and all for making this place awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

One of the first forums I discovered when I got active in the IWC in early 2008, and it has remained my favorite for the reasons mentioned above: Intelligent Discussion and Deep Knowledge.

Every hour I spend here teaches me loads of new stuff and keeps me entertained at the same time.

• 1 month later...

A question on copyright stuff. If a promotion posts a match on it's official Youtube channel are we able to link to it here or is there still a problem? There's a fair bit of good stuff on the WWE's channel but I'm not sure if it's okay to mention any of it.

• 3 months later...

Anyway to have a rule on spam-shills like this in sig.files? I like the links to people's podcasts and blogs, and I'm always down with the animated gifs of dogs breaking up cats from fighting, so this is the one board where I don't hide sig.files. But...

A few of those monster photoshop sig.files popping up, which isn't quite at infestation level yet so I'm ignoring them. But this one... not sure if you want these becoming normal. :/

image.jpg

Just wanted to pop in and say that I find it pretty endearing that others on Twitter have started referring to certain matches and wrestlers as PWO approved, or something PWO would like. To me that just speaks to our tendency to look a little deeper rather than going with the general consensus, or at least what is presented on the surface.

I was interested by something Matt said earlier:

I also get that these podcasts aren't always for the 30 people who post regularly here

My gut feeling was that there are more than 30. Here are the all-time top 50 PWO posters (by post-count):

1. Loss

2. goodhelmet

3. sek69

4. jdw

5. El-P

6. Kevin Ridge

7. Matt D

8. Jerryvonkramer

9. soup23

10. PeteF3

11. Mad Dog

12. Bruiser Chong

13. rovert

14. kjh

15. Al

16. Coffey

17. Childs

18. Tim Evans

19. Johnny Sorrow

20. Strummer

21. Marty

22. Jinus

23. NintendoLogic

24. MikeCampbell

25. WingedEagle

26. FLIK

27. flyonthewall2983

28. Ditch

29. Flyboy

30. Cox

31. goc

32. Some Guy

33. Dr. Reverend Victator

34. Dorian

35. Cam Chaos

36. Resident Evil

37. smkelly

38. Ricky Jackson

39. teke184

40. cm funk

41. Zenjo

42. anarchistxx

43. Alfdogg

44. Crucifixio Jones

45. rob

46. Boondocks Kernoodle

47. Slasher

48. Death from Above

49. Superstar Sleeze

50. Log

You'll note how many of those guys are active as opposed to inactive or banned. Most are active. However, this list inexplicably does not include some guys with well over 1,000 posts. I don't know why, but they are missing from the listing. These guys include:

Dylan Waco

Tim Cooke

Bix

shoe

khawk

ohtani's jacket

Grimmas

Phil Schnedier

Graham Crackers

tim

To name but ten prominent "big name" posters who are missing from that list, there are probably more.

In addition there are guys who are active who just haven't made enough posts to make the list. Prominent ones of these include:

Smack2k

bradhindsight

SteveJRogers

brainfollower

Zoo Enthusiast

Zero

BigBadMick

jpchicago23

ButchReedMark

Sidebottom

JaymeFuture

FedEx227

evilclown

SomethingSavage

BillThompson

pantherwagner

The Chief

DR Ackerman

Dooley

BruiserBrody

Memphis Mark

There's at least 20, there are probably more than double that.

I'd put a conservative estimate of around 100 active posters and god knows how many lurkers and semi-active posters.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I find it pretty endearing that others on Twitter have started referring to certain matches and wrestlers as PWO approved, or something PWO would like. To me that just speaks to our tendency to look a little deeper rather than going with the general consensus, or at least what is presented on the surface.

Is there really a type of wrestler PWO likes? We have pretty diverse tastes.

• Loss unpinned this topic