Pro Wrestling Only

PWO FEEDBACK

goodhelmet

However, I disagree with kjh's point above because I see the same generic views repeated in far too many places, and members who post on PWO don't owe shit to the rest of the internet.

But there's no need to stereotype other online wrestling communities when you can just critique the generic views. Many of the posters on PWO have ties to other sites, so although it's true that members don't owe shit to the rest of the internet, it would be a nice gesture if they didn't insult those places.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the key difference there is that we aren't shutting down or silencing any PWO criticism. We are just tired of PWO criticism being used as a Get Out Of Jail Free card in lieu of responding to a specific point someone makes. If someone has a legitimate gripe against PWO as a collective, feel free to post it as long as it's being done in this folder and not in a wrestling thread as a response to someone making a wrestling-related point.

There's a difference between this in a discussion of a Henry-Show match on RAW:

"I was at The Board the other day and I found most of the posters there awfully confrontational when I praised a Mark Henry-Big Show match."

and this in a discussion of a Henry-Show match on RAW:

"Jesus, all of you guys are crazy. Why do you all like Mark Henry and Big Show so much? I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I am at PWO after all."

One is pretty much always counterproductive to actually having a topic that goes somewhere worth reading. The other? It can go in that direction too I suppose, especially since some of the posters do intersect various places, but it's not a direct troll of people that post here that is guaranteed to go nowhere productive. It definitely can be, and if that type of bashing was derailing a thread, of course we would step in.

As for me, I have no problem trying to follow The Golden Rule and not putting people who don't post here in the same bucket. And we're definitely not on Generalization Patrol looking for this sort of thing, ready to ban at any second. Throwing it out once flippantly is very different from creating a pattern of doing it. We'll give these things the response we think they deserve, just as we always have. And it's always our goal to be as hands-off as possible.

However, I disagree with kjh's point above because I see the same generic views repeated in far too many places, and members who post on PWO don't owe shit to the rest of the internet.

But there's no need to stereotype other online wrestling communities when you can just critique the generic views. Many of the posters on PWO have ties to other sites, so although it's true that members don't owe shit to the rest of the internet, it would be a nice gesture if they didn't insult those places.

I'll be honest, I don't give a shit. Other people can do what they want. If Loss and Will want to make a rule about all generalizations about anyone anywhere, then I guess fine we can make that rule but ...

I recently started posting at another board, and it's interesting to hear their takes on some of this stuff. Not the podcast itself mind you, but top heels and such. For instance I just came from a Triple H topic where every poster but me proclaimed the guy either the best heel of all time or one of the best. It's just a difference of opinion, but it's interesting to note nonetheless.

Says it all to me.

I'll be honest, it's gotten to the point where I don't give a shit what others think of this board or the people who post here. If you're here there's a reason you're here, and if you're not then there's a reason you're not. I don't have time for trollish arguments, so I don't engage in them anymore. And for the most part this place is free of them and engages in discussion I actually seek out. Not sure what this means in the long run, but whatever, I don't really care about this whole "How others perceive PWO" nonsense anymore.

I'm with Bill here. The fact that Will and Loss actually had to make an official rule over this is fucking ridiculous. That shit should be common fucking sense. As much as we all groaned and rolled our eyes over WP/RE and some of his opinions, at least that's what he was arguing, instead of saying that the only reason a bunch of people liked Lawler was because PWO is a Lawler fan's board.

Not feedback, but Happy Thanksgiving to everybody at PWO. I spend more time reading this site than any other wrestling site, and I'm afraid to even think about where it weighs with the non-wrestling sites. Love a ton of the discussion here, like almost all of it, can't stand a small touch of it but couldn't imagine being a wrestling fan without it. Hope you all have a great holiday season and new year.

I don't like the new trend of people labeling posts & posters as trolls automatically if they express a differing viewpoint. Or, as it pertained to me personally in the Survivor Series thread, basically being called a gimmick poster. Yes, sometimes I am overly negative however if I genuinely feel a show is disappointing, should I just either say nothing or fake positivity?

You can see the word troll pop up a few times in just the last two pages of this thread, in example, or in the CM Punk on Colt Cabana's Podcast thread.

Also, I've read the "I have a platform to speak to MILLIONS OF POTENTIAL READERS~!" bullshit defense twice from evilclown now & it's grating my nerves (podcast thread most recently). I'm sure that most people here don't give two shits what others do when not on this forum but even if they do, it should not be the backbone of trying to defend any differing viewpoints.

My issue with you in the Survivor Series thread is that it's not the first time you've told people, "It doesn't matter what you say, if you say you liked this thing that I didn't like you're just being a contrarian." That's very irritating and frustrating, and all it does is shut down discussion. You've done that multiple times now, which is why I referred to it as your gimmick.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

There was a suggestions thread I seem to remember putting this in but I can't find it now, but I still think it would be cool to have a shoutbox on the site. Something where people could chat in real time for big events, especially useful with Mania coming up.

I take full blame for the multiple Mania threads. During WrestleMania, I'll probably create more threads to split off the different topics. For shows like SummerSlam or Royal Rumble, there will probably be only a couple... one for all the pre-show discussion and one for the live show. For C shows, there will probably be only one.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I put in a request to our admin about this but I haven't heard back from him. I'll follow up.

Not to continually beat this dead horse but did this go anywhere?

Oh also, someone sent me a PM today asking me how to get into the Village Green Society and I sent him your way Loss. Not sure if there is anything that tells people who to contact when they don't know the password?

Thanks for my sig also. Somehow found my way into a thread about the Vince McMahon limo explosion. That was a fun read.

• 1 month later...

I just wanna say, this is the best pro-wrestling forum & community that I have ever been a part of. I'm glad to be here. It's knowledgeable & despite others having differing opinions a lot of the time, it's a breath of fresh air to see people defend those opinions without always just making hyperbolic statements or disregarding the opinion of everyone else entirely. I hope to strive to reach that point sometime myself as I feel I'm in the latter part of that most of the time.

I've finally given up completely on DVDVR. It's not been the same to me for a long time but it just feels like the mods/admins don't care & the posters themselves care more about spamming awful jokes than actually discussing professional wrestling.

I love Sasha Banks in NXT, however saying she's one of the ten best workers on the planet, ehh, that's a bit too hyperbolic for me.

So I just wanted to leave some positive feedback saying that I appreciate everyone here, the discussion, the conversation, the threads & all. Keep up the good work. I'm glad to be a part of this community.

I was just reading over the Stan Hansen Microscope thread to see what everyone else made of the Colon matches and I stumbled on this post from Jimmy Redman: http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/19196-stan-hansen/&do=findComment&comment=5531053

Just made me smile to see a sort of "origin story" for a poster I've come to see as part of the regular cast of characters here.

I love Sasha Banks in NXT, however saying she's one of the ten best workers on the planet, ehh, that's a bit too hyperbolic for me.

There are a few people who believe that she is at that level, I'm one of them. She'd presently be my #5 in the world, not hyperbole, just where I think she stacks up currently.

• Loss unpinned this topic