goodhelmet

Pre-Show: Rhodes Scholars vs. Brodus Clay & Tensai

Kaitlyn vs. Tamina Snuka

Antonio Cesaro vs. The Miz

Alberto Del Rio vs. The Big Show

The SHIELD vs. Cena, Sheamus & Ryback

SD! Elimination Chamber

Rock vs. Punk II

- I normally wait for the show to begin before I post the PPV threads but I think this is a pretty intriguing line-up. I have no idea who is going to win the Chamber match. I am 99% sure that Rock is winning but then what is Punk set to do at Mania? Del Rio should win but does Ziggler come out to cash in? Do they continue to push the SHEILD or is their run over? I am actually going into this with no idea what the final results will be.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the more predictable route is:

Rio beats show setting up WM match vs. whoever wins chamber

Shield beating SuperFriends - I would be shocked if someone other than Sheamus takes the pin

Rock beating Punk

Chamber - Henry winning since he is being pushed, Swagger but it may be too much too soon, Jericho is wildcard, and Orton turning heel and winning

I always bet on simple when it comes to Mania, which means Rock retaining, Henry winning the Chamber since he has by far the most heat of any potential challenger, and ADR retaining to preserve a babyface vs. heel title match.

I don't see the Shield winning unless its to set up a rematch at Mania involving Sheamus and Ryback.

I don't see Orton winning as they seem really hesitant to avoid doing too much with someone with two wellness policy violations, and understandably so. He's fine in his role but too much to lose putting him in any more of a featured position.

My predictions:

Henry wins the chamber given his recent push.

This would leave Del Rio to retain the title to have a face/heel matchup for the title at Mania.

Shield loses.

Rock retains

This looks like a good card on paper and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Also, what's with the pre-show match? I thought Rhodes Scholars stopped teaming? I haven't seen the latest SmackDown yet so I guess it could be explained there.

I was talking about it with my Dad today and he actually made an interesting prediction saying that somehow Rock and Punk would both be counted out and Punk would win the title. That seems like some goofy ass shit WWE would do.

This match does seem to be the most predictable and one I can see them fucking with. That is not a bad idea. I will especially be suspicious if this match is not the main event.

I wish the six man tag was in the chamber

I agree!!! In fact, making it a Six Man War Games E Chamber would have been great.

It's not in the Chamber? I just assumed it was, looking at the lineup that's the obvious logical matchup. Is there only one Chamber match this year?

The rest of the card looks pretty skippable. I don't see what they hope to get out of Rock/Punk II that they didn't get out of the first match, aside from maybe a slight buyrate bump on this throwaway stop on the Road to Wrestlemania.

Rey is the god of Chamber matches and he's not in one this year which I think speaks to the fact that he's basically done. I am still really interested in this show, but the loss of Rey in a match he is the king of does hurt my interest a bit.

I can't imagine Ziggler cashes in tonight. He's been treated as a guy who cannot beat anyone for the last several months, so the idea of him being the champ coming into Mania just seems ridiculous.

If Orton wins the EC I'm going to be pissed. Henry is the logical pick because of how he's been presented the last few weeks. I think it's too early for Swagger thought it's obvious he is being groomed as a Del Rio opponent.

I hope they aren't stupid enough to have Cesaro drop the title.

The Shield probably should win, but this is about the only babyface team they could lose to where I don't think it would totally kill them.

I also think the Rock v. Punk match is a terrible idea. At this point I think the smartest thing to do would be a disputed finish leading to a triple threat at Mania though I have zero interest in seeing that. If Punk loses he has no logical opponent at Mania and the idea of chickenshit Punk coming off two losses to Rock v. Taker is so laughable I assume no sane person would treat it seriously as a match up. I do think there is a chance Lesnar gets involved in the finish here.

I don't regularly watch WWE TV anymore (which is kind of a shame, as they have things I like these days, such as long Paul Heyman monologues and Dutch Mantel, all they need to do is bring back the Dirty White Boy and then they will really be targeting the pivotal Chris Wilcox demographic) but I've really thought about buying the PPV tonight. I don't think I will since I don't think I can justify spending $45 on a PPV to watch by myself, but at the very least, the lineup looks really good and might be something I check out a few months down the line.

I'm definitely watching this tonight either by hook or crook. I kind of expect Taker to return to set up Punk Taker but who knows. The chamber should be an early MOTYC and is very unpredictable. I hope Rock has more wind in him this time around as I expect a better match this time around. As long as the six man isn't a total fuck you to the Shield I'm ok with a loss. I also want Cesaro to work that guard rail spot in again