• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on tape seems to be correct, but...

WWF @ Hartford, CT - Civic Center - March 16, 1986

Sivi Afi pinned Moondog Spot

Jake Roberts pinned George Wells

Iron Mike Sharpe pinned SD Jones

King Tonga pinned Mr. X (sub. for Barry O)

Davey Boy Smith defeated WWF Tag Team Champion Greg Valentine via disqualification

The Dynamite Kid pinned WWF Tag Team Champion Brutus Beefcake

Ricky Steamboat & Tito Santana defeated WWF IC Champion Randy Savage & Don Muraco

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan pinned Big John Studd; Hogan's ribs were taped after the assault he sustained from King Kong Bundy as part of Saturday Night's Main Event

WWF @ Sacramento, CA - Arco Arena - March 20, 1987 (11,111; sell out)

Paul Roma defeated Steve Lombardi

The Iron Sheik defeated Nick Kiniski

Outback Jack defeated Frenchy Martin

Raymond Rougeau defeated Bob Orton Jr.

Don Muraco fought Jacques Rougeau to a draw

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Nikolai Volkoff via disqualification

King Kong Bundy fought Kamala to a double count-out

Ricky Steamboat, Tito Santana & Blackjack Mulligan defeated WWF IC Champion Randy Savage, Adrian Adonis & Butch Reed in an elimination match; Roddy Piper was to have been on Steamboat's team but did not appear

I checked out the 4/22/1986 Santana/Savage (No DQ from MSG) match after looking over NintendoLogic's newly posted top 100. The match is fantastic. Savage off the top, and Tito catches him with that chair shot to the ribs - awesome. Another classic I had not seen from these guys. I watched the Wrestling Classic too (trucking through with the P2B guys), and that was Savage's night as well. I had seen it before, but probably on 24/7 years ago. I really enjoyed all of his performances on that card from top to bottom. I've been on this kick, so I also watched the Randy Savage Collection that's on the Network over the past week. It's surprising they didn't include either of the two classic Santana/Savage matches that have been discussed here in the collection. I will say it's a really fun watch, and I enjoyed how they have it laid out. It's worth checking out. I haven't watched his DVD/Blu-Ray collections in years, but this is probably pretty similar. I just liked how they have the promos interspersed with the matches. Dig it!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

A match that I never see get any talk is Macho vs Bret from Slamboree 1998. It's basically Macho's last quality match, Bret's best WCW match that didn't involve Benoit. The whole match is pretty much Macho's great babyface selling as Bret destroys his already bad knee and his neck. Even with the fuckery finish and Piper trying to steal the spotlight, it's two old vets taking their time and doing what they do at a point where it was really the last chance they'd get to do it and have it be any kind of decent, let a lone good.

1488850353397.gif1488850427815.gif1488850463591.gif

I think Macho's last great match is against Rick Steiner in Japan in like '99 or '00