• Please log in to reply
1038 replies to this topic

#1021 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:03 PM

Do guys just forget RF was a pedo or do they just not care? I want to ask that of everyone I see doing a video for him.

#1022 Robert S

Robert S
  • Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:00 AM

In wrestling there are worse things than a 30-year-old having sex with 16-year-olds. Did any wrestler ever refuse to work with Jimmy Snuka? How many people went back to Puerto Rico after the Brody thing?

#1023 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8733 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:24 AM

This qualifies as corruption of minor BTW, not pedophilia. Not the same thing, really. But anyway, this is neither here nor there. He sucks, and not just…. (refrain from making a joke here).

(and yeah, Snuka, Barr, Rockers drug-fucking "rats" (which qualifies as rape BTW) etc… this is (was ?) a sleazy business. One case I can think of was Kanemura, after he sexually assaulted a women wrestler in a locker room, he was basically blacklisted)

#1024 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1381 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:46 AM

I wonder how different Schiavone found RF's 'ask questions flatly from a sheet with no follow up whatsoever' from Conrad's prepared, thorough grilling.

I have my issues with Big Conrad at times but he puts an honest effort in, and to be fair he works better with Schiavone anyway.

#1025 SPS

SPS
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

This qualifies as corruption of minor BTW, not pedophilia. Not the same thing, really. But anyway, this is neither here nor there. He sucks, and not just…. (refrain from making a joke here).

(and yeah, Snuka, Barr, Rockers drug-fucking "rats" (which qualifies as rape BTW) etc… this is (was ?) a sleazy business. One case I can think of was Kanemura, after he sexually assaulted a women wrestler in a locker room, he was basically blacklisted)

What?! W*ING Kanemura? I never heard that one.

#1026 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8733 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

2008. Actually it was not a female wrestler, it was an employee of the company, Big Japan. He was basically sexually harrassing her until he was denounced by Big Japan's ring announcer. Public apology, got fired, disappeared from basically all the promotion he was working with at the time, and he was everywhere back then. I think he promoted for a while, but that was really the end of the game for Kanemura.

#1027 SPS

SPS
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

2008. Actually it was not a female wrestler, it was an employee of the company, Big Japan. He was basically sexually harrassing her until he was denounced by Big Japan's ring announcer. Public apology, got fired, disappeared from basically all the promotion he was working with at the time, and he was everywhere back then. I think he promoted for a while, but that was really the end of the game for Kanemura.

Wow, can't believe that was the end of Kanemura but that does seem like a sleazy thing to do no matter your line of work. Thanks for explaining.

#1028 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:47 AM

Hornswoggle covers his time in the WWE. Topics include his relationship with Finlay, Khali being a diva, defending bad gimmicks, The Miz living his gimmick, the best celebrity guest stars, Vince's limo blowing up, keeping the talent in the dark on roster moves, the Benoit murders, drunken midget antics, being named Vince's son, Swoggle's run with DX and more! 

#1029 Sidebottom

Sidebottom
  • Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:37 AM

With the *free* weekly podcast, this is more irrelevant than ever. Wish he would work with KC though.

There is still value in a video product for me. There's something about being able to sit down with some snacks and being able to watch something that can't be touched in terms of entertainment.

#1030 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1381 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:45 AM

I agree. And the idea of a full, albeit swift, overview of a whole career in one sitting is appealing to me.

#1031 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2605 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:59 AM

Tony's looking well for someone who would be easy to cop to being old and fat.

#1032 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:49 AM

Dusty Rhodes covers many issues from his time on top of the wrestling world. Topics include: Nearly coming to blows with Lex Luger on JCP's plane, Ric Flair's heat with Rhodes over the airplane, the movie that inspired "War Games", what the longest rivalry in wrestling has proven to be, how the WWWF used Rhodes to boost Bob Backlund to stardom, why he willfully botched the UWF talent merge with JCP, MULKEYMANIA, the pot head who was running the 6:05 wrestling show for Turner, the night they had to do a TV taping with no ring, how Dusty would expand ROH, the saga surrounding Magnum TA's accident, what wrestling music video made him cry and more!!!

#1033 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:05 AM

Terry Funk sits down with Bill Apter to cover his career highpoints. Topics include: His battles with Jack Brisco, Harley Race, Ric Flair, Jerry Lawler, Abdullah the Butcher and others. How Dory Jr. fought to get Terry the NWA strap, why Funk was willing to harm himself so brutally for the sake of entertainment, the devotion of the Japanese fans, his one and only match against his brother, how a magazine headline got Apter in trouble with Vince McMahon Sr., Road Warrior Hawk's drug use, Bruiser Brody's death, who the best NWA champion ever was and more!

#1034 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

Did he ever explain as to why he never got a job with WWE in 2001?

At the time dirtsheets said he was in negociations but he kept calling the office for a answer and in the end they decided not to give him a job.

#1035 rzombie1988

rzombie1988
  • Banned
  • 953 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

Do guys just forget RF was a pedo or do they just not care? I want to ask that of everyone I see doing a video for him.

Money > morals. Morals don't pay the bills for broke wrestlers.

#1036 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:24 AM

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and Jim Cornette deliver over 2 hours of wrestling stories including dressing in drag for angles, working with midget wrestlers, the worst match of Nick Bockwinkel's career, the less than sanitary Sportatorium, why Heenan was blackballed in St. Louis, backstage fights from over the years, Heenan's role in the origin of the "Diamond Cutter" and why Heenan regretted helping DDP, bar fights with MAD DOG VACHON, Wahoo McDaniel fighting fans, Dick the Bruiser screwing with Heenan, why JCP going out of business made Cornette a lot of money, Heenan ribbing Vince McMahon, the night the Barbarian tried to sleep with Mary Tyler Moore, the night the Barbarian fought the police in a drunken rage and more!!

#1037 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2605 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

Did he ever explain as to why he never got a job with WWE in 2001?

At the time dirtsheets said he was in negociations but he kept calling the office for a answer and in the end they decided not to give him a job.

Haven't seen it but I would guess that he didn't leave enough of a good taste in Vince's mouth from his previous run to hire him. 

#1038 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

Ken Shamrock covers his rocky home life growing up poor and fatherless, how Bob Shamrock and sports saved him, his early days training for wrestling with Buzz Sawyer, the beginning of his MMA career in Pancrase, his feuds with Royce Gracie, Tito Ortiz and Dan Severn, his battles with Don Frye and Kimbo, the infamous hotel brawl with the Nasty Boys, how Shamrock feels he'd match up with Brock Lesnar if both men were in their prime, how the Montreal Screwjob ruined Shamrock's WWF run, the WWF wanting to run an incest angle with him, and more! 

#1039 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2605 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:35 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users