Pro Wrestling Only

Crowdsourcing: The Shield

evilclown

Guest Staples

I think it's pretty clear after watching it that The Shield as a hot, special act is over. They aren't devoid of value, but you don't lose matches like that in that fashion if the goal is to continue to treat you as main eventers (which is effectively what they have been their entire time in the WWE). In hindsight Tim was right when he noted the winning of the titles was a way to slide them into solid mid-card slots.

I wouldn't have an issue with it if they lost to a superteam of main eventers like last week, but it's to Christian and the fucking Usos. THE USOS. Yeah, I like them, but they've been primarily Main Event/Superstars mainstays for a long time. As far as building credibility...no one thinks the Usos are going to win. Absolutely no one. Why waste a win over the Shield on them? Since Christian isn't even facing Ambrose one on one on the PPV, he should have dropped the pin. Christian is also someone I like, but he had his 15 minutes with that feud with Randy Orton. Not saying he should be used as a jobber, but he really shouldn't be put over anyone of future value like Dean.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I don't watch WWE, but I follow news/results, and it sure seems like the Shield has been left behind...

They were just in the main event againt Cena,Bryan and Orton recently. While they've settled down a bit, they still have enough cred to slide into a big main event whenever necessary.

I think Big Show's slow return from injury is also hurting them, as they wanted to do Big Show/Henry vs. The Shield at SummerSlam but that took them into a holding pattern waiting to see if he'd come back in time.