Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-01-11-WWF-Shotgun Saturday Night] Fondle Me Elmo

Loss

• 2 weeks later...

They teased this at the end of Shotgun the week before and it was the longest week of my life. I didn't know what to expect, but Sunny was involved and she would be getting down, so I was sold.

Her in the baseball cap, tight tshirt and skirt is etched in my mind forever. I don't know how Vince sat there with her that whole show...my 16 year old mind was wrecked by all of this awesomeness.

• 1 year later...

One of the legit funniest WTF segment in prwrestling history. Sunny was not only ridiculously hot, but she was also wasted (no, not in that way) doing pretty much nothing. And as demonstrated by this segment, she should have been given a meaningful role. In contrast, Sable's acting earlier in the night during the Mero/Rocky scuffle was awful, not to mention her grating voice and delivery. Yet, she was gonna be pushed harder than the two better looking, more talented Sunny and Marlena. I never understood the rationale behind the use of Sunny at that time, getting her off managerial duties when she had been the hottest one (pun intended) in the previous months.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, the days before viral videos, DVRs, video uploads, and instant .gifs--meaning WWE is relatively safe from the Children's Television Workshop pounding down their doors in Stamford with court summons. Sunny, God knows how, actually manages to make this sexy. Elmo apologizes for breaking Sunny's trapeze (?!). The payoff gag to this was pretty eye-rolling but I don't know if one can be sorry for having watched this. It's better and shorter and more to the point than some of the really terrible '91 Prime Time skits.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched this again. Still hilarious! Probably my favorite wrestling vignette of all time. Sunny is just out of this world hot. I watched this episode of Shotgun Saturday Night. Vince shilling Sunny home sex video in his usual babyface announcer voice like Koko Ware vs Ron Bass was next up made this all the funnier. Incredible stuff!

• GSR changed the title to [1997-01-11-WWF-Shotgun Saturday Night] Fondle Me Elmo
  • 5 months later...

McMahon dropping the line about Sunny's home sex tape like it wasn't even a thing had me like "wait, what?" Sunny was absolutely outrageous around this time and I'm in full agreement with everyone else on how she should've been doing more. She was the bomb. This was also ridiculous as fuck and almost certainly one of the best things to come out of the Shotgun Saturday Night experiment.