Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-02-17-WCW-Nitro] Roddy Piper at Alcatraz

Loss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Damn, this is the first bad Nitro in terms of angles. The Steiners car accident. Prince Iaukea winning the IC title. And now this. Piper in Alcatraz was idiotic, the promo was awful and had no point. There you go, Piper has officially overstayed his welcome and for the first time in a long time really, signs of bad booking.

• 1 year later...

Piper's "not doing no wrestling promo to draw and sell tickets." Sure you aren't, Roddy. He also makes a big deal about not walking around with his kilt on in the airport, unlike Hogan. I haven't minded Piper as much as others here, but with this I'm waiting for Ed Harris to come along and shoot a ball of VX gas in this guy's face.

• 7 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1997-02-17-WCW-Nitro] Roddy Piper at Alcatraz
  • 6 months later...

I can understand why folk would hate this, because it's pretty much rambly Piper at his rambly worst, but fuck it, it's Roddy Piper cutting a promo from inside a prison that hasn't been a prison since the sixties so there was no way I wasn't going to find it at least amusing. Shouting "did you hear that, Hogan?" down his toilet, I guess implying Hogan is a big old turn, was a...neat touch, I guess?