Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-02-22-ECW-TV] Raven promo

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Raven cuts a promo in looks like what might be an NYC subway station. He points out that Dreamer has never beaten him, and that Terry Funk is old, washed up and a has been.

"My father beat me, Terry Funk, and I'm going to beat you the same way."

Just when I'm trying to give Raven a second chance and starting to warm up to him a little bit, he starts talking about how he was beaten and molested growing up and continues this promo far longer than needed. Too much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The Raven-Dreamer feud is back on after a hiatus. He also has words for that five-and-dime cartoon would-be legend, Terry Funk. I actually think comparing Funk to his abusive father is a sound idea on its own, but when Raven starts screaming and ACTING this becomes too melodramatic to be believable. It's also hard to buy Raven whining about his father not taking him to baseball games after tossing out "molestation" without a second thought. Oh, now we're back to talking about Sandman and Tyler. What a fresh topic. And we switch gears AGAIN to talking about Stevie Richards. To say this was all over the place would be a gross understatement.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-02-22-ECW-TV] Raven promo
  • 6 months later...