Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-04-21-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin and Bret Hart

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Austin is getting a title shot at the Undertaker at the next pay-per-view. But Austin would rather not get into that. He wants Bret right now. Bret finally agrees via Titantron to a street fight later in the show. Austin tries busting the Hart Foundation locker room door down to no avail. Great segment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Of course these two are gold together. Austin wants Bret in a street fight, but after teasing a no-show, Bret accepts but only when he's good and ready. Bret complains about Austin getting a title shot at the Undertaker and promises to send Austin to hell tonight. "If I'm goin' to hell, I'm damn sure takin' you with me!"

Bret's cool-as-a-cucumber reaction to Austin psychotically trying to break down his locker room door is tremendous. "Can I have a little bit of respect here?"

• 1 year later...

This feud someone gets better & better. Austin wants a street fight with Bret now. He even forces the producers to put up a one minute clock on the Titantron. Bret doesn't show up but does via the tron. After some back & forth he agrees to the match. Austin hunts him down in the back because he wants to go at it right then & there. The scene where he's trying to break into the HF dressing room is amazing. Bret is tremendous during it being as nonchalant as possible. Such a cocky jerk here. Great segment.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-04-21-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin and Bret Hart