Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-04-28-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin promo

Loss

• 5 weeks later...

Austin enters through the crowd - still with the axehandle - and this time with a wheelchair to sit in. He challenges Bret Hart to a wheelchair match.

"You talk about my people? I look in the mirror every single day and see my people."

Austin has a few words for Undertaker before Bret interrupts on the Titantron and promises him he'll be riding in the same ambulance that Bret did last week before the night is over.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Austin challenges Bret to a wheelchair match, and promises to fight him wheel to wheel if Bret's willing..."No, I won't, cuz I'm a lyin' SOB. What I'd do is get up, stomp a mudhole in your ass, and walk it dry." I just love how these Raws are continually moving forward--they're not a bunch of disparate unrelated segments like your classic syndies or indeed Raw today. This is the most Raw has ever felt like a studio wrasslin' show.

• 1 year later...

Another awesome Austin promo. Austin comes out with a wheelchair & the axehandle he got earlier & challenges Bret to a wheelchair match! Awesome. He touches on Taker in this as well before Bret shows up on the tron saying Austin will take a ride in the same ambulance as Bret by the end of the show.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-04-28-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin promo